Dislike botting and how to deal with it?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I recently got my first hate comment in a while, it was a bit s*******y but it didnt really bother me, what bothered me is the targeting of 2 videos and just dislike botting them both

It's made me scared to upload as my like to dislike ratio isn't mega high yet, and i don't want people judging all my videos as they have a bunch of dislikes on them

My latest one was targeted today and the other one yesterday, so this person keeps coming back

How do you guys deal with it? Has it happened to you?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
People can be ridiculous can't they. I blocked someone the other week because 3 times now they have just put the comment 'gay' on my videos...what are you, like 12????
I don't think you can do anything about the dislike bots but what I would do is hide your like/dislike bar. They'll soon get fed up and go away. Also block them from commenting

Reactions: ItsBecky

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
People can be ridiculous can't they. I blocked someone the other week because 3 times now they have just put the comment 'gay' on my videos...what are you, like 12????
I don't think you can do anything about the dislike bots but what I would do is hide your like/dislike bar. They'll soon get fed up and go away. Also block them from commenting
wow that really is immature! Yeah i have blocked the person who sent the hate from commenting, and i hid the ratings on one of the videos as it was 12 likes and 11 dislikes so looks a lot worse, my latest one i have left for now as it still has a few more likes then dislikes, i did also contact youtube with the screenshots just in case as you never know they may try and help me, it's just frustrating, the thing that makes me laugh though is they are clearly coming back and watching my videos to dislike them, also my views got a real boost on both videos, and they cant have all been the same person as it went up by like 20 views so i guess i should be thankful! haha

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've received a few hate comments/dislikes and have only ever ignored them and not let it get to me. Don't let it stop you doing what you enjoy because then they win. Try to take the negativity and turn it into motivation to be better them because ultimately you're doing something creative and they're just sad and upset that they aren't so they lash out.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
wow that really is immature! Yeah i have blocked the person who sent the hate from commenting, and i hid the ratings on one of the videos as it was 12 likes and 11 dislikes so looks a lot worse, my latest one i have left for now as it still has a few more likes then dislikes, i did also contact youtube with the screenshots just in case as you never know they may try and help me, it's just frustrating, the thing that makes me laugh though is they are clearly coming back and watching my videos to dislike them, also my views got a real boost on both videos, and they cant have all been the same person as it went up by like 20 views so i guess i should be thankful! haha
Good way to look at it. You could even let them comment and then just wind them up by letting them know they have contributed to your channel growing by giving you views haha

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
thanks guys :) I have all my comments at the moment set to approved so i just delete the bad ones, i just wish you could get rid of dislikes haha

Steven&Cilla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
If it helps, when I watch a video I don't even look at the likes or dislikes until I am done watching the video. I don't know how many people may pay attention to it before hand but I never judge a video by its likes or dislikes. Plus a dislike does count as viewer engagement toward your videos. I hope this helps :)

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If it helps, when I watch a video I don't even look at the likes or dislikes until I am done watching the video. I don't know how many people may pay attention to it before hand but I never judge a video by its likes or dislikes. Plus a dislike does count as viewer engagement toward your videos. I hope this helps :)
Sometimes I do i admit, when a video has a lot of dislikes sometimes it makes me want to watch it even more to find out whats so bad about it, so i guess this could actually work out in my favour it just stings when you first see it, thanks :)

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
People have more free time to judge others and leave dislike. Such a childish manner. When we meet a child, we treat them with care. Similarly, they are haters, treat them with kindness. In other words, ignore :)

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We had trolls on one video once, but it was with a reason: after sharing it on reddit. Even though it was in the right section, some people were really against what my partner said there, and commented and disliked. It's weird, but it's also the most viewed video on my channel, over 1k :/ The funny thing is we didn't give up and kept talking to the guys and tell them our point and that we mean no harm....after a loooooong long talk they understood and they let us be. They didn't take the dislikes back though hahahah
Anyway this shouldn't let you down or anything, you're so close to 1000 subscribers!!!