Dislike bar gone?

Discern4

Reaction score
I like the red dislike bar. Many times it's an easy way to see whether a video is any good (as long as there is a healthy number of votes either up or down). And depending on your type of video, it also helps you know which audience you're reaching. If you make a video defending one side of a controversial subject and all you get is a hundred likes, then you know you're not reaching your intended audience. You're just preaching to the converted.

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like the red dislike bar. Many times it's an easy way to see whether a video is any good (as long as there is a healthy number of votes either up or down). And depending on your type of video, it also helps you know which audience you're reaching. If you make a video defending one side of a controversial subject and all you get is a hundred likes, then you know you're not reaching your intended audience. You're just preaching to the converted.
You can still easily tell if a video is liked by roughly comparing the amount of views to the amount of likes. A video with 60.000 views and only 40 likes is obviously crap.

I agree that the dislike bar serves little purpose except for people who troll or don't agree with the content or something. I won't mind to see it go.

Reactions: Stef