Dislike bar gone?

gamerguyjoe

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The dislike bar no longer exists now the bar just fills up with green and where the red should be is now blank. is this for everyone or is something bugged for me.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I still see red and green, I swear, one day I will have something others dont and the next it reverses and everyone has what I cant see yet :D I have seen two reports of this today so it cant just be you.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am surprised it hasnt been completely removed, that way it would be like on here with posts, you either like it or you post a comment expressing whatever you dont agree with etc which is far more beneficial than a stat, at least that way people can express what they didnt enjoy and you get proper feedback, I suppose you can gauge feedback based on stats but actual comments I think have more value when constructive.

Reactions: Chace

Chace

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wish the dislike bar would go away. Half the people watching videos dislike out of spite, anyway.

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Indeed, I'm in favor of the dislikes going away, it's a fairly useless metric. Good to see things moving that way IMO.
It will also get rid of the occasional issue of dislike spam crushing a video out of existence.

Reactions: GKart64

thecomputertips

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i just wish they stop giving people certain change before everyone else or a least have some sort of beta instead of giving 1% the changes

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
i just wish they stop giving people certain change before everyone else or a least have some sort of beta instead of giving 1% the changes
I have to think they would love to do that too, but when you have thousands of servers around the globe serving up one website, the changes will never get to everyone at the same time. We also can't know for sure what kind of back-end changes this requires, so it might not be so simple a patch they can just push out to all the nodes en-masse.

When you see the updated look, and then refresh and get the old look, that's automatic load-balancing automatically routing you to whatever is the fastest server at that moment.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Still see red and green. I wonder how they will deal with it going away if its just a test to see how it works out.