Discretionary rules for "whole channel" monetization?

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
A few days ago, Creator Insider (a youtube channel owned and operated by youtube dedicated to explaining first-hand how the algorithm and various youtube policies all work) created a video explaining how profanity in the video can affect monetization. However, that only applies on a video-by-video basis. What about when your channel is applying to even be monetized in the first place?

Once we reach 4,000 watch hours in the past year and 1,000 subscribers overall, our channel doesn't just get monetized. It only becomes eligible for a review for monetization. This implies that, once those two nondiscretionary conditions have been met, whether the channel as a whole gets approved for monetization is still dependent on a variety of factors that are still within youtube's discretion.

So does anyone have a link they can provide that can tell me what exactly those discretionary rules are?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Search YouTube Help for YPP Policies. There will be links off the main article; but what may not be included is the new requirement that all of your content must be originally created by you, with little to no non-exclusively licensed media allowed. Even people who use the YouTube Music Library are being refused.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
In my case I followed these rules:

1. Can I monetise my gaming channel? and how?
So I read the article, added commentary and did what I needed to do

2. What are the guidelines I need to follow?
So I read the guidelines and follow them in every video

3. What are the Adsense guidelines?
Yes there are things different or more specific if you want to monetise your channel

4. Am I creating original content?
It's a new game and I'll do my best to create something original with my editing and commentary

5. Am I stealing from other's people?
Not really since I have a license for the music I use and everything else is fair use

6. Did I get monetise?
Yes I did!

Hope it helps!
GV