Disable embed? Or no??

ToyBoxMagic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I don't know if any of you use the Studio App (if not, its the coolest little app ever:D). Anyway, on my studio app today I got a message saying "Revenue has been steadily increasing on your channel".

We have been uploading more and longer content and in turn, our watch time has increased. So our channel has been performing a little better lately. Not the point. So I click on the "What could have caused this" button and a few options pop up. One being "Did you disable embeds on this video?"

So my question is, does disabling the embed feature on your video cause your revenue to increase? And if so, how? I understand what the embed feature does but how does disabling it cause your revenue to increase? Anyone got answers??

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I just deleted the Studio App.. didnt do anything i can't do in my web-browser.
I'm curious to know everyone's answer on this because I dont know - but I do know there is an option to only show (or embed) on monetized platforms, which could be used to not show it on devices that dont support ads.

Reactions: ToyBoxMagic

ToyBoxMagic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the video manager (youtube) you can go into your videos 'Info & Settings' and then 'Advanced Settings' , you can click to 'allow embedding' or not. I'm guessing that this is what the Studio App was talking about and I understand how to disable the 'allow embedding' feature but I'm not sure how that would help increase earnings. If you don't want external sources posting your video all over the internet without your consent.

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
In the video manager (youtube) you can go into your videos 'Info & Settings' and then 'Advanced Settings' , you can click to 'allow embedding' or not. I'm guessing that this is what the Studio App was talking about and I understand how to disable the 'allow embedding' feature but I'm not sure how that would help increase earnings. If you don't want external sources posting your video all over the internet without your consent.
Hi Ladies,
Is it a bad thing to have others embed your videos on the internet? Because even if they click on it, doesn't it push viewers then onto your video on YT and then count as views and hopefully loyal subs?

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube might prefer to have embedding disabled so that people use YouTube and stay there instead. More visits.

I love the creator app, but that's because I basically run my channel from my phone apart from tags, cards and end screens.

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I must have missed something. What is the embed feature?
The video on my signature is embed because the player is located on a website different from youtube.com. Disabling embed will give the user "The creator has disabled embedding. View this video on youtube by clicking here." after which you click the video, your browser will open a new tab at youtube.com/?v=xxx and you'll see your video there.

I suppose the benefit is that the right side bar is shown to the user when he is at youtube.com.

The video player itself has suggestions too but they are only at the pause screen or at the end of the video so I think forwarding the user to the youtube page keeps them longer on the site. I've fallen to this myself too by clicking related videos one after another when my original plan was just to watch the video in question.

Then again someone might say "screw that, I'm not going to view this anyway" but I've personally never done it, I just click the link in the player and view the video in youtube.com.

I don't think this concerns any kids shows though since 99% of them are using youtube / youtube kids. They are not viewing the content from embed players around the web.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pierce's Mom