Disable chat on youtube premiere possible?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Stuck! Can anyone help me with some info on youtube premiere please? I've not used before. I want to find out if i can set up a video to premiere so that it's available at an exact time and day but I don't want any of the the chat features to appear on the right hand side. Can that be done? I'd like it to appear in search so that people might subscribe so as to catch the video when it goes live. Thanks

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have not messed with premieres, as I am 8,000 miles away from most of my subscribers. I am rarely online when they are (lot of time zones between here and there).

I looked at premieres a little, never saw an option to turn off chat. Not sure they would have thought to add that option, because the main thrust of premieres seems to be to watch it with your viewers and interact with them... and use SuperChat to make more money. YT says "make it a watch party". Chat seems to be one of the key features of the premiere... The only thing I saw about removing chat was in their FAQ:
What happens to a video after it has been premiered?
After a video is premiered, it remains on your channel like a normal upload. Chat replay is available for viewers who want to experience the premiere chat after it has ended.

Once published, can I unselect the toggle for premiere and make this a standard upload?
No, not once the video is published.

Will comments from the premiere remain on the video after the premiere is over?
Yes.
Source:https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9080341?hl=en

Reactions: UhoohExtra

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The chat is a major feature of Pemiering videos. Disabling it defeats the purpose but have you tried to disable comments in the settings of that video before publishing?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The chat is a major feature of Pemiering videos. Disabling it defeats the purpose but have you tried to disable comments in the settings of that video before publishing?
Nope just learning ahead. A brand whose product i made a review of doesn't want the product revealed until a particular date. So i thought a premier with a searchable watch page might generate interest in the meantime and may generate some subs. I think I'll give it a try and keep chat to minimum by turning off replay at least. I wander for how many hours the chat feature goes on for before the video just appears as a normal video.

Reactions: markkaz

LeeHockHin

Reaction score
Yes, you can turn off Chat by choosing the Audience: "Yes, it is made for kids" option in the Video Details. Both Chat and comments are turned off