Dilemma! Need help D:

nickymontes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Okay, actually I really need someone's help with a decision.
I have a lot of video ideas right now, but they are almost all just ideas that would result in 10-20 second videos, all with a similar style.
Should I do them individually and have a bunch of short videos on my channel, or make one compilation with all of them, making like a 5 minute video? I am pretty torn right now >.< Any advice is greatly appreciated... Here are my thoughts.

On the side of the compilation:
I feel like people will not be willing to subscribe over a 10-20 second video, even though there would be plenty more on my channel. But if I do a compilation, they can see more of my work at once, as one big first impression.

On the side of individual videos: I feel the videos will have a special sort of charm if done individually. I could fill my channel up with great content. And the ideas would get the respect of having there own video, not to be overlooked as just a "short".

Reactions: itsameray

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you gonna monetize the videos then I would split them up. Actually I would split them up anyways. Just make a playlist with all the videos in it.

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
On the side of what I would perfer to see as a viewer, I would rather a compliation. HOWEVER, on the side of what makes more sence for gaining stats and working the system, the more videos you have out there the more chances you have of being found so having lots of videos is better for you.

Reactions: itsameray

WhatsUpMark

BreadFarking Good!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have the perfect example for you - Jacksfilm's PMS#1

It's perfect, I think. You can upload 3 videos, which gives you more total views, and you get to "compile" them.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
What kind of thing are the videos about?
That way I can get more of an idea of what you could do to make it slightly longer if you wish etc... :)

nickymontes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
What kind of thing are the videos about?
That way I can get more of an idea of what you could do to make it slightly longer if you wish etc... :)
The videos are really basic ideas. Not with a lot of meaning or structure, but with some charm.
For example, I am working on re-editing a video about my childhood fear of the garbage truck, ( showing good reason why I was right to be afraid, I am eaten! )
Really, just a lot of videos that I guess you could say were thoughts, games, and fears I had when I was real young, come to life.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
The videos are really basic ideas. Not with a lot of meaning or structure, but with some charm.
For example, I am working on re-editing a video about my childhood fear of the garbage truck, ( showing good reason why I was right to be afraid, I am eaten! )
Really, just a lot of videos that I guess you could say were thoughts, games, and fears I had when I was real young, come to life.
I guess that the only way that you can make these longer without ruining it I to add a short intro to your videos :/