different strategy for my channel....not sure if its a good idea

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
so in the coming months, I have been getting a good amount of subs and my views are usually 200 - 300 per a video..so means I am doing ok for a new youtuber. However truth be hold, I am just a dirtbike channel...only select amount of people care about it..... so in order to target more audience, I was thinking of talking about news type topics while vlogging on my dirtbike

for instance...meteor is going to hit we are all going to die!! (not really)
california gets hit with earth quake.. etc

however my tags will obviously become different...I am not sure if that is a good idea? or keep doing what I am doing until I have a bit more fans? I noticed a few YTers I follow have over 2m subs and they started out moto vlogging, and now life vlog as well

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A lot of people have two things going on at once with their channel like gaming and vlogs, or motovlogs and life vlogs in your case.
I recommend it, I never tried vloggin in the past but I found it to be therapeutic haha.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd say try it out. Now that you're still small, you can still experiment :) Just put up a more opinion based vlog and watch the reactions (watch and retention time, views, comments). You can also always ask your subs what they would like to see more of. More of your personal life, more tutorial based, etc. Try out some things, see what you like doing, see what your audience likes and see if you can hit a sweet spot :)

Reactions: wchap001

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd say try it out. Now that you're still small, you can still experiment :) Just put up a more opinion based vlog and watch the reactions (watch and retention time, views, comments). You can also always ask your subs what they would like to see more of. More of your personal life, more tutorial based, etc. Try out some things, see what you like doing, see what your audience likes and see if you can hit a sweet spot :)
thats a really good idea, asking my subs what they would like to see more of ! didnt even think of that haha! thanks!! def will try it out and see what happens. I mean after 5 or 6 videos of these vlogs, if they are not doing as well as my normal dirtbike videos, ill prob stop it for the time being.

figured it might be a little interesting haha

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad