Did your views go down before New Years?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well as an update, my views have returned to normal the past 26 hours. I guess my target audience were just celebrating New Years.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I have, i guess it´s because that they changed the algorithm, which prefers longer videos!
Sorry, that's completely false.
I had discussion with our Yt brand manager a few days before New Year - she stated that Yt saw a proliferation of channels making videos longer than 10 minutes over a year ago, now creators are back to making a mix. She stated that is preferable, and recommended videos be optimized to what they need to be. Longer is not better, shorter is not better, but optimized to what your viewers watch.[DOUBLEPOST=1483401031,1483400878][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well as an update, my views have returned to normal the past 26 hours. I guess my target audience were just celebrating New Years.
As you grow and reach more of a wide following, the traffic ebbs and flows with what the "masses" are doing. Bigger channels move more into the center of the bell curve where the averages are.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As you grow and reach more of a wide following, the traffic ebbs and flows with what the "masses" are doing. Bigger channels move more into the center of the bell curve where the averages are.
I understand Bell curves, but what do you mean exactly by the traffic ebbs and flows with the "masses" are doing. Can you give an example?

nutwad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe it's because of the holidays? I mean most people I know went on vacation and decided to leave me here by myself, but then again I'm new so I wouldn't know much.