Did You Have a Channel Before Your Current One?

Doomkey

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Like the title says! Or asks more so.

Have any of you had multiple channels in the past? What were they about? Was it totally different than what you have now? Why did you let them go?

I had one channel when I was in high school. I was originally going to go a more Philip DeFranco route and do a bunch of news as pressing social issues while remaining neutral on the subject and allowing the viewers to decide how they felt without my opinion being thrown at them. Being in high school however, didn't allow me to have the best equipment or the greatest intelligence to be able to do so and it mostly became a vlogging channel where I just talked at my iPod about how my day was or something. I had fun doing it, but I got to college and decided to let it go. Now I have a gaming channel, which is what I wanted all along anyway, I just couldn't afford the equipment back then. I look back at my old channel every so often and it gives me a nice warm feeling of nostalgia

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes, a lot too. Mostly because I didn't like the names haha. They were also about animation and gaming, but now I'm into soccer and skits.

Lennart Guitar

Check my weekly guitar vlogs!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
I had one and it was 9, almost 10 years ago!!! I only used it for uploading a video so I could join an online competition. Here is the vid haha:

Reactions: Doomkey

Doomkey

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had one and it was 9, almost 10 years ago!!! I only used it for uploading a video so I could join an online competition. Here is the vid haha:
Those are some good skills man!

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, I did. I used to have a Let's Play channel. And then I realised I was bad a gaming and wasn't funny, lol

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Nope, I've only had the one. But then again, I only started 2 years ago so I haven't had he time to change my mind. But it's good to hear that you're doing what you've always wanted to do now anyway. Life always works out! :)

Voov

Promotion platform for creators just like you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, we have our own personal channels, but we haven't got rid of them ;) We upload tutorials, reviews, gameplays... Whatever we feel like doing, haha.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Like the title says! Or asks more so.

Have any of you had multiple channels in the past? What were they about? Was it totally different than what you have now? Why did you let them go?

I had one channel when I was in high school. I was originally going to go a more Philip DeFranco route and do a bunch of news as pressing social issues while remaining neutral on the subject and allowing the viewers to decide how they felt without my opinion being thrown at them. Being in high school however, didn't allow me to have the best equipment or the greatest intelligence to be able to do so and it mostly became a vlogging channel where I just talked at my iPod about how my day was or something. I had fun doing it, but I got to college and decided to let it go. Now I have a gaming channel, which is what I wanted all along anyway, I just couldn't afford the equipment back then. I look back at my old channel every so often and it gives me a nice warm feeling of nostalgia

I've moved your thread to the main YT forum. :)

My very first channel was me recording me play online poker back in the day when I used to play semi professionally on pokerstars lol. I wasn't making the videos to build an audience, it was more about me improving my level of poker. It was just kind of an online record of my progress I suppose. When online poker became overly regulated in my country (ie more expensive to play), I stopped playing and so stopped making the videos. ^^

Reactions: Voov

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yes, I did.
It was a bit like the one I have, wit the difference I did content mostly in Italian (my main language). For a while I did english videos on my other channel, but then I decided to make the switch also because I felt the need for a clean start.

Reactions: Voov