Did you get more views over xmas?

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, I had a big spike on Dec 25th.
Also December is always my biggest/best month for some reason.

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed a decrease over Christmas. I figured people didn't have time to watch YouTube

FawX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Simple answer, no. More than likely because I did very little promoting over my social medias as I was very busy over the Christmas period. In turn I got maybe 4-5 views over Christmas. Again, because I did very little to promote my channel.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i saw a slight decrease over Christmas, I would have thought it would have been opposite.

I think it has a lot to do with your content type and your primary demographics. I think entertainment based with a primarily younger audience would probably do better around Christmas than a primarily older audience and informational based content.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
I haven´t really noticed any more views than normal, but I have seen that the watch time has gone down!
I have seen a few that just sees a little bit, comments, and leaves quickly! Which is sad, since the watch time is apparently important!
Woah really!? I didn't know that watch time was important, ?I thought only view count and comments were. Hmm I need to check my analytics more.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Woah really!? I didn't know that watch time was important, ?I thought only view count and comments were. Hmm I need to check my analytics more.
It do to a point but when you get to talk to some of your subs its a different story

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It´s important if you want to monetise your videos, as you need 4000 hours of watch time and 1000 subscribers to be able to monetise!
Then again, the views and comments might help you with the algorithm, but some might disagree on that!