Did you get more views over xmas?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Did you get more views over xmas? My views seems to have doubled over the last 48 hours. I wandered if this was normal over the Christmas period? My first year with a few videos uploaded at this time of year so nothing to compare to last year.

Reactions: Fost

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven´t really noticed any more views than normal, but I have seen that the watch time has gone down!
I have seen a few that just sees a little bit, comments, and leaves quickly! Which is sad, since the watch time is apparently important!

Reactions: allthingstodd

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have seen a few that just sees a little bit, comments, and leaves quickly! Which is sad, since the watch time is apparently important!
I think they may be commenting with the intention of gaining subs or views from your content when that happens. I block a lot of people like that when i believe they are disingenuous- as I don't like to appear to support their misuse of the platform.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have seen a small increase over the last couple of days. I guess more people testing out new tablets/laptops etc plus more time at home. I guess I have also watching more content over the last couple of days.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I got a bit of a decrease, actually. I just don't think people want to watch YouTube during the holidays. lol

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I released a video on Christmas, so that increased the # of views, but I had been seeing a general decrease in views this week. I think it might be because people listen to my videos while at work, and now they have a few days off. ^^

I think it partly depends on your channel type. :)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I made a video loosely relevant to Christmas and it gave me 15000 views over the week! It then also raises everything else along with it. So yea Christmas was good here

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Did you get more views over xmas? My views seems to have doubled over the last 48 hours. I wandered if this was normal over the Christmas period? My first year with a few videos uploaded at this time of year so nothing to compare to last year.
Yes and No in my opinion fam, people are more available but don't underestimate your YT Presense people on this forum watch you and see how long you stay on the forum. I went from 0 to having a subs because not only did I have content I had enough presence to the point they wanted to actually view my channel out of curiosity or intent of mockery lol