Did you achieve your 2018 milestones?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

So as 2018 draws to a close, it's time to look back and compare results from 2018 with the goals set out at the start of the year.

For reference, here is the "Goals for 2018" thread from the milestones forum: http://yttalk.com/threads/goals-for-2018.271168/

1) What was your subscriber goal for 2018 and did you achieve it?
2) What was your "number of views" goal for 2018 and did you achieve it?
3) What other goals did you have and did you achieve them?

If you achieved your goals, well done! If you didn't, what went wrong? How can you fix it?

_____
Setting goals for 2019

I have already created the official thread for 2019 goals in the milestones forum. Feel free to publicly declare your 2019 goals in there. Here is the link - http://yttalk.com/threads/goals-for-2019.286847/

Reactions: Two11

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Our only goal is to re-activate our channel.

2017-2018 were transition years for us. From Japan to UK to Poland. We finally need some stability to be able to upload more or less regularly videos. In anyway in 2019 we would like to expand our audience outside of Japan - at least Europe and why not US and the rest of the world. So this is our main goal.

Reactions: Crown

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My goal is to continue scheduled bi-daily video uploads without fail.
I dont have any sub/view goals. I would expect to finish 2018 at around 150k subs / 60m views.
So I failed my schedule of bi-daily uploads. I would say I hit it 90% of the time which is close enough?
I exceeded my sub and view goals though which is nice.

Reaction score
Yes, my goal was to ditch Adobe Premiere Pro and move to Final Cut Pro X. That ended up being a year with 0 videos uploaded for the first 11 months, but hey the end of the year looks to be picking up a little for me. Just need to complete the Christmas Day and Christmas Surprise Special, so next year starts off better.

FYI. I also moved all the stuff around in the basement and have a plan to build the studio there, so the kids are not so noisy when my wife is doing her Brazilian waxing in her salon. You know girls want their privacy.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did end up hitting 250 subs. So, that was good. I fell off my upload schedule a couple times. Back on it now though.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I didn't really have a goal since I started my channel on May and didn't know what I was expecting but I'm gonna say yes since when I started I wanted to reach 1K subs and 1 Million Views. I only wish I could've uploaded more, now I need to work harder next year if I want to reach my new goal 50K

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Not quite in terms of views or subs. But as far as getting a Film 95% done then I say yeah. I did hit that goal pretty well in terms of work load and efficiency. Just tidying up loose ends and filming videos around it now.

Goals for 2019 though for Youtube are much bigger then I had for this year. But there is no reward without the hard work. =]

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not even close. I was overly ambitious and not realistic with planning. My summer destination was not ideal for growth, but with where I am now staying I should see more growth.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I completely failed in all my goals...in retrospect they were quite unrealistic:

"I'd like to end 2018 having successfully got into a routine of publishing three videos per week.
I'd like to grow the channel to have 100,000 subs and at least 3 million views per month (rather ambitious...)
I'd like to finish writing a book and publish it through my YouTube channel (definitely achievable)."

However, my channel has grown substantially, I've started writing a book, and I'm booked up with sponsors for 2019 - so all in all it's been a successful year!

Reactions: Two11 and Crown

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't hit my subs goal but I did hit my views goal.
I only started in June and my sub goal was 5000, which may have been a bit too ambitious :p:p I hit 3000
My views goal was 200.000 and I'm currently at 208.000

Reactions: Two11