Did you achieve your 2018 milestones?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Apparently, I didn't see that topic. It would matter because I wouldn't have achieved any goals that I had set. That being said, the goal for 2019 is to turn things around!

Reactions: Crown

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nope. Always dreamed of achieving 10K subs but still have some hurdles to cross!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1) What was your subscriber goal for 2018 and did you achieve it?
It was 100K subscribers. I reached 160K subscribers, so I've reached it by 15th September 2018.
2) What was your "number of views" goal for 2018 and did you achieve it?
50 million views. Achieved.
3) What other goals did you have and did you achieve them?
One of my other goals was to re-activate my second channel and make it at least 1/10th as popular as my main one. So far not achieved. Another side goal was to have more subscribers than @EVO .
So far not yet achieved.
If you achieved your goals, well done! If you didn't, what went wrong? How can you fix it?
Main goals achieved. Side goals not achieved because of bad time/efforts management between the main and the second channel, plus some time lost in consolidating gaming and non gaming videos into a single channel after the new monetization rules announced in January 2018.

Reactions: Hulio and Crown

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another side goal was to have more subscribers than @EVO .
So far not yet achieved.
Ha ha! You will take me soon mate. My sub growth has slowed right down over the last few months.

Reactions: Two11

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The only real milestone I hoped to hit was 1,000 subscribers, and I got to 1,600 by the end of the year! Hoped to up the production quality of my videos, and I believe I did that as well. Looking forward to a great 2019!

Reactions: Crown

Two11

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

So as 2018 draws to a close, it's time to look back and compare results from 2018 with the goals set out at the start of the year.

For reference, here is the "Goals for 2018" thread from the milestones forum:

1) What was your subscriber goal for 2018 and did you achieve it?
2) What was your "number of views" goal for 2018 and did you achieve it?
3) What other goals did you have and did you achieve them?

If you achieved your goals, well done! If you didn't, what went wrong? How can you fix it?

_____
Setting goals for 2019

I have already created the official thread for 2019 goals in the milestones forum. Feel free to publicly declare your 2019 goals in there. Here is the link -
Yes I have

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I had the goals of 5000 subscribers 500k views overall and to increase view session time , no specific goal. As well as to make 26 videos or more

I made 30 videos (deleted 6 and one awaits upload)
Got 8500 subscribers
Got 875000 views
Raised watch time from 4:00 to 13:00!!!
Also increased patreon support by double

I also had a few collaborations and did videos the way I wanted and somehow did it all with a full time job and a family (and no haha I don’t mean I live with my parents)

I shouldn’t complain because I increased my channel authority clearly but I feel like a fell short somehow even though every goal was shattered quite easily.