Did I Get Put On Some Sort of Youtube Suspension?

SteviesLilWorld

Hi everyone.

First off, I want to thank everyone for their contributions here and any advice and help I've gotten in the past.

Now, I haven't gotten a single subscriber on youtube for a couple of months now, none that lasted anyway. That's a lot to do with me, I haven't been all that active on the uploading recently. But I've noticed that there were about 3 or 4 subs that disappeared the next day.

Did YT put me on some sort of suspension and isn't allowing me to have subs, or is this some sort of glitch or bug on their part?

The only thing that I can think of that would've risen suspicion is that my brother, who's a teacher, shared one of my vids with his students, so there would've been several viewers watching the vid at the same time from the same IP address for each class he had.

Sorry for taking your time, I would've taken it up with Youtube directly, but you all know how difficult it is to get a hold of support over there unless you're one of the big youtubers.

No, it's all in your head. In the "eyes" of YT algo, your channel isn't interesting and therefore you are not getting promoted.

The "multiple views from same IP address" is not an issue - it's actually beneficial when 1 person watches a video multiple times because YT algo interprets that as viewers finding it valuable/worthwhile, but that's just one of the hundreds of factors that hurt/benefit the channel.

Your videos seem to be random and all over the place, you need to figure out what you actually want to do instead of uploading just anything that comes to your mind. Focusing on a single niche/topic certainly increases your chances to grow, because viewers will be able to rely on your channel to keep delivering new and interesting content all the time instead of just once in a while. YT algo will also be more keen on promoting your videos to more people if you are targeting a particular audience all the time. This isn't mandatory, variety channels do still take off even in this modern iteration of YT algo, but for every one that blows up, there are probably tens of thousands that never break out of the "algorithm hell".

If you're doing it just for fun, don't bother with numbers at all - treat it as nothing but a hobby. But, if you wanna grow, you have to treat it like a marketing/business project. That means you have to learn and gain new skills and knowledge you don't possess right now.
Seek no further than YT itself, there are hundreds, thousands of videos explaining how to grow. And if you get contradicting information, this forum is full of guides and case studies from already established and/or currently growing channels sharing tips & tricks they employ to move the needle.

Good luck.

I went to your channel and the subscribe icon appears on your channel and its videos just like with any other channel. So Youtube hasn't done anything to stop people from subscribing.

Back