Did anyone elses new upload yesterday fail miserably?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey

I schedule my uploads at the same time every 2 days.

Although still poor numbers for my new uploads; within the first 24 hours I normally see around 1000 views / 30 likes / 2 dislikes / 6 comments.

Well I uploaded yesterday and it has barely 100 views / only 1 like / no comments.

This is not just a slight dip - this is a massive problem that I have never experianced before. Has anyone else experianced similar?

Thanks

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have uploaded the last video on Saturday and it got views like no one before. I am at 180 subscribers and in two days it has now over 300 views which for me is big deal :). However, it can be due to the fact that I posted few links on Reddit.
Maybe your thumbnail or Title isn`t catchy as before? Or something else? Maybe for your audience, new video every 2 days is little overwhelming. It is hard to tell when you don`t share your channel or video details with us :)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Update. The video is now 48 hours old and has finally passed 1k views but its so very strange.
It started awfully and has somewhat snowballed to finally hit 1k views.. Rather than the other way round..
I usually get a huge number of views/etc in the first few hours from subs and then it dies off. The algo has switched my recent upload?
Anyway I have another video scheduled to drop shortly so shall see how that does / how this effects the last video.
Im just baffled.[DOUBLEPOST=1502811126,1502810115][/DOUBLEPOST]Screenshot_2017-08-15-16-17-24.png Screenshot_2017-08-15-16-18-00.png Screenshot_2017-08-15-16-16-26.png

Here is an example of last 3 uploads. And allvideos look the same other than the latest?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It could be a glitch with the sub boxes. Maybe you could check where your viewers had mostly been coming in from and then compare it to your new upload? If the new upload was mostly notifications over sub boxes, and the older uploads were reverse, that's a telling sign. The YouTube algo actually promotes your video based on your sub-to-view ratio, so if your video gets a lot less than 5% of your subs, it's unlikely you'll get promoted. And the glitch can be to blame for that. Just speculation, though.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
August 15th (today) is a public holiday in a lot of countries. Since it falls on a Tuesday, a lot of people took the Monday off too and that made for a long weekend which often results in less activity on YouTube.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yea. And I uploaded a rare never before seen video of a recently deceased celebrity! You'd think that'd turn some heads and I got bupkis!

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It happened something similar to me on Monday (which is the day I do my weekly upload), I`ll report back here what happens next monday

As Crown has said, it might have something to do with summer holidays, but on the other hand the video still performed pretty bad on the subsequent days so let`s see