Desperately Need Help

Based on My Videos, Am I boring or not funny enough

• Your Videos and Channel are great keep moving forward!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SeanTheMedium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Desperately Need Help YT Talk Members.

I am crazy passionate about Spiritual development, Making people laugh, Comedy, etc.
However, I am finding it very hard to come up with Unique and different ideas for videos.
I am not your typical vlogger type. My life is boring as heck.

I don't want to take another person videos and try to make them my own because then they may slam me with copyright. I have been told my editing skills suck and that I should die and quit Youtube because Im stupid and ugly.

Anyone from Toronto Here?
Can anyone help me come up with video ideas?

I would very much appreciate your time and help in this manner.

Studz McGee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
No, you're not boring. I'd make a few recommendations. I'm a small channel, recently started, so you can take or leave my advice- you're comfortable in front of the camera, nice job with that, and you have good cuts throughout the speaking. This keeps the audience's attention. The changes I'd make are- don't overdo it with the editing. The video I watched you slow mo-ed when video when you said three and repeated it, although it was unnecessary. Edit where there's something to be edited. A usual cut would have been much more appropriate here. I would also recommend a different intro, the one I saw seemed like it was a bit too much, and I feel like I've heard the music somewhere before. Do something that speaks to your uniqueness, anyone can have a spinning logo. If this means do it within the video, that's cool.

That's all my advice. YouTube is stressful, especially nowadays that it's hard to get anywhere with the algorithms and such. I'd just recommend that you keep at it, and make sure you're doing it because you love it, not just to get somewhere.

Edit: Your space, I forgot to mention this. Atmosphere means a lot in games, and your background is just a clutter right now. Try creating a space that shows the kind of atmosphere you want your audience to feel.

Reactions: SeanTheMedium

SeanTheMedium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
No, you're not boring. I'd make a few recommendations. I'm a small channel, recently started, so you can take or leave my advice- you're comfortable in front of the camera, nice job with that, and you have good cuts throughout the speaking. This keeps the audience's attention. The changes I'd make are- don't overdo it with the editing. The video I watched you slow mo-ed when video when you said three and repeated it, although it was unnecessary. Edit where there's something to be edited. A usual cut would have been much more appropriate here. I would also recommend a different intro, the one I saw seemed like it was a bit too much, and I feel like I've heard the music somewhere before. Do something that speaks to your uniqueness, anyone can have a spinning logo. If this means do it within the video, that's cool.

That's all my advice. YouTube is stressful, especially nowadays that it's hard to get anywhere with the algorithms and such. I'd just recommend that you keep at it, and make sure you're doing it because you love it, not just to get somewhere.

Edit: Your space, I forgot to mention this. Atmosphere means a lot in games, and your background is just a clutter right now. Try creating a space that shows the kind of atmosphere you want your audience to feel.

Thank you SOOOO Much Studz McGee,
I know the space I have is horrible and it's messy. The only problem is not my room to be moving stuff around and cleaning it. But its the only room in the house I have peace and quiet to make videos in.

I only added the slow-mo things cause I thought they were funny. Maybe I was wrong. Yes, I want to make a career out of Youtube, Yes I know it will take time and patients.
I find that everyone that is on youtube is being copied in some way or form. But this is why I want to be unique and different

It seems like most of the Subscribers I have don't comment on my videos which kinda sucks. I want to know what they liked so I can make more videos in that regard.

Studz McGee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Thank you SOOOO Much Studz McGee,
I know the space I have is horrible and it's messy. The only problem is not my room to be moving stuff around and cleaning it. But its the only room in the house I have peace and quiet to make videos in.

I only added the slow-mo things cause I thought they were funny. Maybe I was wrong. Yes, I want to make a career out of Youtube, Yes I know it will take time and patients.
I find that everyone that is on youtube is being copied in some way or form. But this is why I want to be unique and different

It seems like most of the Subscribers I have don't comment on my videos which kinda sucks. I want to know what they liked so I can make more videos in that regard.
"Unique and different" are funny ideas in YouTube, because there's so much of it that it's nearly impossible to be. Rather, label yourself as something, then let your personality make you unique. For example, I'm a gamer as many are, and it's my friends and I that make it unique. You can't find it anywhere else because other places don't have us. And to get people interested in you, you just gotta get more and more comfortable in front of the camera and keep going at it.

SeanTheMedium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
"Unique and different" are funny ideas in YouTube, because there's so much of it that it's nearly impossible to be. Rather, label yourself as something, then let your personality make you unique. For example, I'm a gamer as many are, and it's my friends and I that make it unique. You can't find it anywhere else because other places don't have us. And to get people interested in you, you just gotta get more and more comfortable in front of the camera and keep going at it.
Thank you again.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hee Sean,
I think Studz already made some good points, but I think that your mindset is the one thing that is going wrong here.
Yes, I want to make a career out of Youtube
Let this go. Making your Youtube a profitable business is very difficult and does not only require good (and regular) videos with entertaining, unique content. It also requires marketing and PR skills. If your main goal is to 'make a career', you'll burn out really quickly.

Doing Youtube is a lot of work. It's basically one person doing filmproduction, presentation, editting, graphic design, marketing, PR, social media, etc. So put out videos because that is what you love doing. You mention that you are passionate about Spiritual Development. Make it your goal to reach and educate people about this and be content even if you only reach 10 with every video you put out.

Also, if this is your niche, try involving yourself in communities about this subjects. Forums, FB groups, Reddits, etc. Don't just blatently promote yourself, but really involve yourself, so people will in turn check out your channel.

After saying all of this, I'll confess I haven't looked at your channel or videos, so some of my points might be off or not relevant. Hope it helped a bit though.