APPLE Desktop or WINDOWS PC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clarissa O. & Emily G.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

I am looking into what would be the best investment for a computer for video editing. I know most YouTubers opt for the MAC but was curious to see if anyone has "built their own" desktop windows PC or can really tell me what the best options would be to go with. I want to be sure that the computer can really handle the animations and video editing software. I was leaning towards a desktop because we can manually always update the graphic cards as they come out with new ones. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Clarissa

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
This really depends on what video editing software you're going to use. Windows PCs are generally a better option, because you get a better performance value for your price. That said, if you're intending to use iMovie or Final Cut Pro, you won't have much luck with a Windows PC, since these programs exist on Mac OS X only

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi there, I use both Windows and Mac PC's every day. I use a Windows PC at work (I do very graphic intensive 2D art work, working with Photoshop documents that can get up to 10gb and thousands of layers and then I own a Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air, I use the Air more. I personally do not feel the need to custom build a PC unless I'm playing graphic intensive video games.. My Air (which I also use for very intensive Photoshop and Premiere work) handles both softwares extremely well (And it's the 2014 version.) Ultimately it's a personal choice.

Clarissa O. & Emily G.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This really depends on what video editing software you're going to use. Windows PCs are generally a better option, because you get a better performance value for your price. That said, if you're intending to use iMovie or Final Cut Pro, you won't have much luck with a Windows PC, since these programs exist on Mac OS X only
Thanks! Yes, price is another factor as well. I believe we are leaning towards the Windows PC. Know of any great ones to invest in?[DOUBLEPOST=1483540329,1483540192][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi there, I use both Windows and Mac PC's every day. I use a Windows PC at work (I do very graphic intensive 2D art work, working with Photoshop documents that can get up to 10gb and thousands of layers and then I own a Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air, I use the Air more. I personally do not feel the need to custom build a PC unless I'm playing graphic intensive video games.. My Air (which I also use for very intensive Photoshop and Premiere work) handles both softwares extremely well (And it's the 2014 version.) Ultimately it's a personal choice.
This is some great information, thanks! I agree, custom building a PC is intense. why do you use the Air more vs the Macbook Pro? I would of thought the opposite.[DOUBLEPOST=1483540592][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks everyone for their input and advice. This has helped a lot! I am leaning a bit more toward the desktop windows PC just because it may be a bit more easy on the pocket as opposed to an IOS. I am definitely comfortable with both, as I am an owner of everything apple except for my laptop.I guess it really boils down to price and whether or not an All-In-One Desktop Windows PC is the way to go or invest in an actual tower. Thanks again everyone![DOUBLEPOST=1483540718][/DOUBLEPOST]
I currently use Adobe Premiere Pro via Creative Cloud.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks! Yes, price is another factor as well. I believe we are leaning towards the Windows PC. Know of any great ones to invest in?[DOUBLEPOST=1483540329,1483540192][/DOUBLEPOST]

This is some great information, thanks! I agree, custom building a PC is intense. why do you use the Air more vs the Macbook Pro? I would of thought the opposite.[DOUBLEPOST=1483540592][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks everyone for their input and advice. This has helped a lot! I am leaning a bit more toward the desktop windows PC just because it may be a bit more easy on the pocket as opposed to an IOS. I am definitely comfortable with both, as I am an owner of everything apple except for my laptop.I guess it really boils down to price and whether or not an All-In-One Desktop Windows PC is the way to go or invest in an actual tower. Thanks again everyone![DOUBLEPOST=1483540718][/DOUBLEPOST]

I currently use Adobe Premiere Pro via Creative Cloud.
Honestly the processor on the Air is good enough to do what I need. Yes, the Pro is more powerful but in the end, they both get what I need done (Adobe apps, primarily.) The factor that makes me use it more is portability. I pack light every day on my commute. (I sold my car when I moved to Chicago so now I just walk/train everywhere.)

Clarissa O. & Emily G.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly the processor on the Air is good enough to do what I need. Yes, the Pro is more powerful but in the end, they both get what I need done (Adobe apps, primarily.) The factor that makes me use it more is portability. I pack light every day on my commute. (I sold my car when I moved to Chicago so now I just walk/train everywhere.)
Got it. Luckily I dont have to worry about portability, but i am intrigued on how the Air would work for me. I currently use Adobe products as well. I dont see myself editing on the go, at least not at this moment. Thank you & Welcome to Chicago! It is cold out today :)

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Got it. Luckily I dont have to worry about portability, but i am intrigued on how the Air would work for me. I currently use Adobe products as well. I dont see myself editing on the go, at least not at this moment. Thank you & Welcome to Chicago! It is cold out today :)
Oh man! i just moved here in September so I'm preparing for my first winter. Nervous!