descriptions?

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I try to always include everything anyone could want to know from my video in the description (songtitle, software, etc,..)
But I feel like most people don't even read them and ask questions that are clearly in there
Do you even read them? How much effort do you put into writing one?

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whether people read them or not; Descriptions are a very important. They help your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) It's basically another section to put a ton of tags that relate to your video.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People do read them, I know I do often. Descriptions are also good for SEO and may help you show up in more searches. Just put relevant info in your description that people may be inclined to search. It all helps.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I always give a short description on every video. For example, I write where I am, even if I say it in the video!

I have started to write my website and instagram on there as well, so I could hopefully have more followers!

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes they are important but from them the most important part is the first one/two sentences (the one which are visible in the search results). So you better focus on them.

Coshi360Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have something in your video that specifically needs someone to look at the description (sponsor links for example) put some text somewhere on the screen so that people go and look. I usually check the description if someone does that or if I think something important will be in someones description. Generally for me 70% of my description is always the same (social media, affiliate links etc) so I just copy and paste it from my other videos.

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I try to always include everything anyone could want to know from my video in the description (songtitle, software, etc,..)
But I feel like most people don't even read them and ask questions that are clearly in there
Do you even read them? How much effort do you put into writing one?
in my experience I found that viewers always read them, especially for a music channel like mine :D (vlog & lifestyle music channel). Just keep it up, the video description is important for SEO-ing ur vids....

elcareca

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
depends on the channel type , but usually people only read first 4 words on the description , but still helps for your SEO

Reactions: Fox Beat

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I will read them if I have a question, and I want to make sure they didn't cover it in the description. We just make sure to put key words to make our videos more searchable, and then we also put links to all of our social media, and a little information about our channel in general.

Claire

Reetae27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It helps with presentation. Even if people don't read them, and I think a lot of them do, it's still a nice, convenient way to add material on top of your content in an organic way -- not to mention that it gives Google and YouTube another way to find your stuff if you utilize keywords correctly. If nothing else, it saves you from having to individually answer FAQ's that are asked over and over again, because you can always just put said answers in the description.