Describe the Moment You Knew YouTube Was Your Thing

Scooterbean Videos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Just a thread I think might bring a little inspiration by reading all the baby YouTuber stories. For me I knew I wanted to do YouTube after I realized I needed something to put myself out there. Something to help with slight social anxiety. I already had tons of ideas for sketches but I was always thinking about television and never thought twice about YouTube. Well I kind of stumbled upon a blog post about how to create a YouTube channel. I couldn't believe how easily it could be done. So I created my channel and I couldn't be happier about any decision I've ever made. It has helped me be more outgoing, more sociable around people now, and I've met a lot of great people I can call friends now from doing it.

Emuhleigh

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh man, I had just started a new job and my anxiety was through the roof. I would always watch YouTube right before work and it calmed me down so much. I thought to myself as a joke really, "Wouldn't it be cool to do that one day?" Two weeks later, I purchased a capture card and a webcam. After posting my first two videos, I was hooked.

Reactions: Scooterbean Videos

Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I kinda had the same experience. I suffer from Social anxiety and the last 3 years it has gotten worse. I always watched youtube videos to cheer me up and to forget about "the real world" and one day I read a comment from a viewer on another youtubers channel that basically said everything I had always felt. It really got to me and I have always wanted to do youtube but never had the guts to until that moment. I feel like if there is another person out there suffering like I am, that I can help just by making videos to make them forget about everything they worry about than I would be happy.

So far I am loving every single second :) I feel like I am getting more and more comfortable although I still have a long way to go :)

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
after using youtube as a "no one will ever see this, im just using it so i can post the video links on the sites i actually use"

and then somehow more people ended up watching on youtube direct and commenting there than the other sites. made a load of friends, and enjoyed sharing my hobby for many years.

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
I have always enjoyed making videos, I would make random videos on PS2's EyeToy Play game and make cartoons with Nickelodeon's 3D cartoon studio game.
During the Summer of 2007 my classmates made a stop motion video with toys that they showed to us on YouTube and it was pretty cool, this is how I discovered YouTube.
A few months later I decided to play with an online animation software and also make slideshow videos in Windows Movie Maker in which I made up stories based on my Habbo screenshots and pixelart which were the first videos uploaded to my YouTube channel.

Over the years my video style changed from slideshow to animations and eventually life actual film to something that looks like stand up comedy. At this point I've grown out of YouTube and just want to be busy with becoming an actual performer instead of a "video maker" so I haven't made any videos on my channel anymore

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, it was a strange one,
I was sitting, browsing through YouTube one day when I pulled up my subscriber list. I navigated to ERB's channel to find they had just uploaded a special rap battle between Steven Speilberg and Alfred Hitchcock. I watched the battle unfold then left my PC to go to the TV set. I put on Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket - watched both and after a night of cinematic classics I literally sat back and thought "this is what I want to do".
From that moment on my motivation, determination and drive to realize my dream has not wavered. I successfully started my second YouTube channel (after my first gaming channel that reached about 6k subs) and went into full time education studying a HNC in Media and Communication. I specialized in video production, made a short film and qualified with a B.

Now, a year later, I am studying a HND in Media and Communication, advancing my second channel and working on various new short film/web series ideas. :D

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to have a minecraft channel that I haven't like for the past 2 years. About 6 months ago I decided to make a real life channel and I love it. I love filming, I love coming up with ideas, heck, I even like editing them!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
When I saw videos of people just talking and holding stuff up to the camera, and that gets 100kviews. I thought with my actual tv production experience I could make something 100 times better. And I do

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We realized we wanted to start doing YouTube when we realized how much time we were spending watching other people's and thought it would be great to make videos ourselves and see where it takes us :) We have gotten some amazing support and it only makes us want to go farther!

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I realized I wanted to start doing youtube when I featured in my friend's video. And I thought I wanna do that to. And I'm truly going to hustle this 2017 to grow an audience.