Demotivated and stuck - HELP

Joshua 2PlayGamez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys.
I started up my channel around 2 weeks ago, and I have posted 14 videos. I only have 5 subs and I have promoted my channel all over these 'Youtube Promotion' groups. This is getting my down because I am not receiving any more subs or views and I feel like I'm losing hope in the channel!
Is this too soon to be expecting my channel to grow?
Do you have some good tips for me?
I don't want to share it with friends because I know they will mock me for my videos!
Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Adam Bell

ManWolf
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
dont worry every video you upload your gunna have to promote
facebook,twitter,reddit,9gag,funnyjunk, theres tons more but thats the only way your gunna get lots of views people on youtbe will watch your vid, but to get them higher in the ranks you need a few more views

KdawgCreations

KC Punk! KC Punk!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer
I'd suggest getting over your fear of friends if possible i'd be an new market for u t tap into but other than that be resilient and just have fun with posting i've been on youtube for 4 years on my current channel and only got 72 cuz of lack of uploading in the past so just have fun and find other sources to post (not spam) and you'll be golden if not then be like every other thats giving up because of being discouraged

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Quality > Quantity

It doesn't matter how many videos you have uploaded, it depends on the quality of those videos. Gaining subscribers and views takes some time. Just be patient and they will come :)

Reactions: Kath

Joshua 2PlayGamez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the boost in confidence! Ill try other websites and wait for a while

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Confidence - Content - Consistency

14 videos is not a lot so keep going. I was hugely self-conscious about my channel and I still am. I've had to take a step back from Youtube to focus on the fact that I am doing this because it's fun. Sometimes when you get caught up in the channel, you can't see the value of other things. My point is just remember to have fun and keep putting videos out and the subs will grow eventually.

I know you feel a little self-conscious about your videos but when you start feeling more confident in your videos share them with your friends. If you can, star one of them as a guest. This is why I let my brother star in some of my videos (and his friends sometimes). They automatically share the videos with others (friends, family, etc.) to brag about how they are on Youtube, without me telling them. It's a great way to network. :p

TycraneVG

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your channel is still young so leave it some time to improve and always have confidence in your voice and an upbeat manner to keep your viewers entertained.

Good luck! :D

Soldierbot

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, maybe ask your friends to dual comm or such with you. My videos are all about me and my friends having fun, and that has put a good market into my vids already: They like to replay the tape and say "I remember that!" It's a great feeling, and your viewers feel you having a good time together.

Also, 2 weeks is not enough, as others said, to grow a lot. Just keep going, and you will get there. One of my friends has the same amount of subscribers and has been on youtube for about two months. Find other sources to post (I still got a few I gotta try out, like reddit and maybe even the steam community forums if they will let me), and remember to keep having fun!

TheRomanticsWB

Jack of All Trades
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you think your "friends" will mock you for your channel, they're not your friends.

One tip I can see to give you right away is make your camera window in the videos a little smaller. It's blocking a lot of the actual gameplay that I WANT to see when I watch your videos. Other than that, dude people love the accents on YouTube. You haven't given the channel NEARLY enough time yet. ANY subs in 2 weeks is good. You have 1 video with 83 views already. I say keep at it. Every day you YouTube take the time to critique your own videos and make changes to perfect everything. The evolution of your channel over time will increase the quality and get more viewers to stay and become subs.

Basically,
  • Refine your craft and forget about numbers for a while. (annotations, descriptions, keywords, promotion, networking)
  • Focus on the look and feel of the stream. This includes YOU the star of the show.
  • Enjoy it and have fun. People can tell if you don't.
Things I liked about it.
Your voice is good for commentating what you're playing.
You weren't annoying.
Some good ideas with the stuff you are playing (but keep in mind these games have a smaller audience sometimes and that's ok)
I think the Indie Game of the Week video is an excellent idea as these are very hot now.
I much prefer the intro on the Indie Game of the Week video to the other intro.

Keep it up! I think you can definitely move up the ladder if you give it time and put in the work.

Joshua 2PlayGamez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow that really is a great reply! Thank you very much! I shall keep working on the fine tuning and hopefully it will grow! :)

Reactions: TheRomanticsWB