Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

tatiana_bor

Reaction score
Hello! Maybe someone can help me.
I have a playlist on my Channel where are videos of other channel (this channel is co-author with me for this playlist)
Im going to appeal for monetization tomorrow. So the question is if this playlist can affect the decision of giving me monetization back or not. Will these videos of other channel be reviewed as well. Or should i Just delete this playlist to be sure safe. Thank you for your answer!

untemos

Reaction score
How strict is youtube getting with monetisation in 2020? Heard that they get more and more strict and review channels very harshly.

Reaction score
My channel has 21k subs, with 180k views/month.

A few days ago, my channel was demonetized. What surprises me most about this, is there is very limited information that Youtube has supplied me with, in order for me to make the appropriate adjustments to my channel. It simply says 'Harmful Content: Content containing illegal substances or promoting sales or dangerous acts concerning drugs, alcohol and tobacco.'. & is saying to re-apply in a month.

I've uploaded over 300 videos, all but a few of them were INDIVIDUALLY REVIEWED by youtube staff, and given the green light for monetization. As, after uploading a video, I typically do click 'request review'.

Therefore, this can likely be a bug, or maybe someone has mass-flagged my channel? The channel is a supplement review channel and I've never sold or promoted the sale of any harmful substances, further evidence being that I've been monetized and all but a few videos were approved for monetization.

Does anyone have advice for me please?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My channel has 21k subs, with 180k views/month.

A few days ago, my channel was demonetized. What surprises me most about this, is there is very limited information that Youtube has supplied me with, in order for me to make the appropriate adjustments to my channel. It simply says 'Harmful Content: Content containing illegal substances or promoting sales or dangerous acts concerning drugs, alcohol and tobacco.'. & is saying to re-apply in a month.

I've uploaded over 300 videos, all but a few of them were INDIVIDUALLY REVIEWED by youtube staff, and given the green light for monetization. As, after uploading a video, I typically do click 'request review'.

Therefore, this can likely be a bug, or maybe someone has mass-flagged my channel? The channel is a supplement review channel and I've never sold or promoted the sale of any harmful substances, further evidence being that I've been monetized and all but a few videos were approved for monetization.

Does anyone have advice for me please?
Well, my best guess is that someone flagged several of your videos. I hate to have to be the one to tell you this but, YT, is not logical, rational, or reasonable. YT is a "Squeaky wheel gets the oil" platform. The only rule you can count on is that YT will always listen to the voice of the whiny, crybaby, snowflake, offended by everything, crowd. Another thing you have to understand is that it does not matter what YT's policies say, or that your videos have previously been manually reviewed. When it comes to YT, the decision comes down to the opinion individual person that reviews the complaint that was submitted. YT has intentionally written their ToS to be so vague and so ambiguous so as to allow complete flexibility in interpretation to their reviewing staff. The YT staff that review complaints have virtually zero restrictions on what they can do, or why they can do it. Essentially, how the staff reviewer feels on that day is the determining factor. If they are having a bad day, you will too.

I would try contacting YT directly to see if you can get ahold of a live person with whom you can talk and explain the situation as you did here. It is a hail marry, but you never know unless you try.