Demonetization Inconsistencies

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is up with YouTubes demonetisation inconsistency? I have VERY similar videos one goes out, gets approved for monetisation manually, the next day, release another video and ask for a review and it is confirmed not suitable, theres no difference at all really in the content etc.

Does anyone else have this experience? What a pain in the backside!

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Since they never why a vid is not suitable I have never been able to figure it out. I now post everything scheduled and give them time to review, if needed, before it goes public. Last week I posted a vid about my uncle digging a well... it was immediately flagged as not suitable. I asked for a review and the next day it was cleared. No idea why it flagged.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Since they never why a vid is not suitable I have never been able to figure it out. I now post everything scheduled and give them time to review, if needed, before it goes public. Last week I posted a vid about my uncle digging a well... it was immediately flagged as not suitable. I asked for a review and the next day it was cleared. No idea why it flagged.
For me every video is flagged as not suitable so each needs to be manually reviewed. It is very odd because most get approved but now and then they get confirmed manually not suitable when the content is no different from the last.

I have noticed something recently though and that is their auto generated subtitles can mess up and contain swearing in them where I never swore so I am wondering if that may affect it, who knows. For example I could say the word horse and they think I said whores.

I can only imagine how frustrating these issues must be for channels where they spend a fortune on each video in production costs.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Got one "manually confirmed" within 10 or so seconds of requesting the review. Really seems their manual review is either the AI still or someone who is massively incompetent considering the inconsistencies. YouTube really effed this one up IMO.

vatiwah

I've Got It
Reaction score
I agree. It is VERY inconsistent. I have made several posts complaining about it. Basically.. I would upload a video, it would get demonetized and when I appeal, it would not be successful. I delete the video and reupload the same exact video, it would be demonetized, but when I appeal it it almost always is approved.

It is funny, because their monetization policy clearly states reuploading the same video wont work, but I did it MANY times. Youtube is definitely not consistent and it hurts.

It takes my videos on average 36 hours to get it reviewed when I send an appeal. HOWEVER, my most recent video, its been in review for 5 days... so not sure wtf is going on. I usually have my videos on private and only release once monetization is approved.

That being said.. I think its silly as heck. I have a few videos that are MANUALLY APPROVED for monetization, but then it still get aged restricted (which means no ads).. I find it odd they approve it for ads, but still allow it to be age restricted. lol.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a very similar experience to you @vatiwah it is just confusing and frustrating to the point of where you feel like not bothering any more because theres no obvious reason as to why when plenty of the same stuff is fine. It isnt like the content has a single offensive thing in it, you could upload a 10 min video of a potato on a table one day and get it approved manually and the next day upload another 10 min video of a sweet potato in the same setting etc and has it rejected lol it makes no sense, not sure if this is an AI or an underpaid employee clicking away yes and no :D