Deliberate Duplicates?

Starfire

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like to ask a few knowledgeable people here their views on if some guidelines are being violated, if not in the letter than in the spirit.
I make and post a few travel videos, and frequently I see another person uploading a bunch of garbage videos on the same location - nearly all content taken from someone else's photos and video (the picture quality varies from good to god-awful, and there is no way the person has been to the hundreds of places the person is uploading about. AFAIK, none of the swiped content is mine, so I can't throw a copyright complaint).

That alone is not the issue - the person is using multiple accounts, the content is virtually identical, and the person is uploading 2+ videos for each place (in total scores of the same places) - and the videos are tweaked just enough to get around Youtube's system which blocks duplicate content being uploaded.

I looked in the guidelines and can't find anything explicitly preventing such actions, but does this in essence constitute a "deceptive practice"? The person has at least 5 accounts, and 3 are used for different languages so I'm not focusing on those, but 2 are in English and basically rehashing the exact same video content.

Any views?

Thanks in advance.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have similar issues with channels uploading videos in my niche with my descriptions, my thumbnails and sometimes even my videos (partially or full). Most of the time the videos are just random thumbnails (including mine) of the topic.
This is not a person! All this is done by automated programs, that sit on someone's computer, or even worse - on some infected botnets! They upload 24/7/30/365, videos in every possible niche that you can imagine and flood YouTube with random videos. When I complained about channels using my descriptions and thumbnails, YouTube suggested me to fill copyright complain forms. I've closed several reuploader's channels for copyright infrigements already, but they pop-up all the time. I don't think YouTube can do much about to stop them, since they can't ban the whole Internet. A step in the right direction was the 10000 views before monetizing rule, which somehow decreased the numbers of these channels, but they still exist, most probably because these automated programs will stay for years on people's computers.