LOCKED - Decrease in my total setimated earnings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greed4Money

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I know about the seasonal fluctuations youtubers face after the big holiday
for the last couple of days of January, I can totally see that.
My views went up Im averaging of 100k views per day and yet my earnings went way down.
No worries i could totally understand that..
But yesterday I made 260k+views
youtube estimated earnings say's I made $30 for yesterday views.
Thats way too low,But it's fine ill take that..
But now Im more confused instead of making atleast the lowest you could possibly get
now my Total estimated earnings drop
Last time I checked $1769 (yesterday)
Now total earnings $1743. (260K views)
WTF??take note yesterday I made more than 260k views
not only did I not make any cents out of those views,
WORSE my total estimated earnings which I already made decrease
WHAT THE F??
am I the only one having this kind of issues???average views.jpg estimated earnings.jpg

Kenyanese

Reaction score
I shared my predicament.

One of my videos suddenly on 5th of his month doppes income from $2700 to $190. Upon exploring it I found it had zero ad revenues while the $199 came from YouTube Red.

This is a video that made $675 in the last 2 days of November out of some 77K views and then went to get other 367K views in Dec.

YouTube would have you believe that out of 5M minutes I had zero monetized playback.

I just shared another post on another development. YouTube reset all the ads on videos and left just the one at the beginning. This may explain why your revenue is not corelating with the views as expected.

Reactions: Greed4Money

Greed4Money

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I Actually have another problem right now,
one of my video made a million views but the adrates suddenly dropped like literally zero earnings!
now it's on 1.7m views but nothing still zero earnings..This is so much frustrating!!
I think Im gonna make another post about this.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
I Actually have another problem right now,
one of my video made a million views but the adrates suddenly dropped like literally zero earnings!
now it's on 1.7m views but nothing still zero earnings..This is so much frustrating!!
I think Im gonna make another post about this.
Check out my thread on this.

Mine was not as lucky, going on as far as 367K over Dec. it made earnings of about $2700 and this was reflected in my estimates for the month. Then on 5th of January all its Ad revenues were yanked off and I was left with some miserable $190 Youtube Red income. So nobody watched a single ad out of the 367K viewers. For this month the video hasn’t had about 600 views but EMPs are about 400. So 600 views in Jan gets me some 400 EMPs,77K views in Nov gets me 82K EMPs,But 367K views in Dec gets me zero EMPs! Same video, fully monetized. In fact in Jan I had changed it to Unlisted for a few days before reverting back to Public

I’m still pursuing the matter.

Greed4Money

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I uploaded a video just this month and after a week I already reached a Million views my earnings
are unacceptably very low but im good with that after all it's January,But then my adrates suddenly
dropped like literally zero earnings.
Everyday nothing!, but my views just for that one video still continue to increase.
Currently it's on 1.7 M views. DAMN!, I made $68 in total earnings for a single video with that
many views??Certainly there's something ****** UP youtube is doing..
Has this happened to anyone yet??(I doubt it).

below are my current views for the said video and the adrates clearly showing a sudden dropped
and my total revenue..

Another Problem2.jpg

Another Problem.jpg

Another Problem6.jpg

Youtube is somehow stopping serving of ads without the users knowing
what's the point of the green money montized icon if you literally FULLY stop showing of ads
that's way worse!

I need someone to give me some reasonable explanation out of all this, badly!
cause Im going crazy about this..DAMN!..

Last edited:
Reactions: George Hudson

Greed4Money

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Pursuing a matter that will never gonna have an answer, this is pointless..
you should check my new thread I made..

it's wayyy worse!

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe this is all tied into the whole youtube ad changes. Like they are running out of adds. How many ads actually ran on your video? And, what was the content?

Perhaps we have reached that point where the supply of content is really surpassing the demand for it and there aren't enough ads. My money crashed as well. Luckily tho, I earn hardly anything as it is.

Reactions: Kenyanese

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I can imagine that watch time might have something to do with it, a video could get a lot of views but have low runtime, which gives the ads less time to show.
But that doesn´t explained the big increase of ads showing. I have no idea how this does happen.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Too many variables.

What's your average watch time for that video? If people are only watching 15 seconds of a 10 minute video, YouTube will stop displaying ads on it.

Otherwise, in general regards to advertising money- it could be the continued fallout of Adpocalypse, that the vast majority of viewers in your target are using an adblocker, your video could be in an odd niche that advertisers don't want to be affiliated with, or your views could have come from a area where ads pay virtually nothing.

Where did the views come from? Where they from a 3rd world country or were they embedded on some other website?

How many ads were shown?

Also realize that if an ad is shown, you're only paid if the viewer clicks on it or watches the full ad or 30 seconds (whichever is shorter). If they close or skip it, you don't earn anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.