Dealing with YouTube stress

Maaru

Reaction score
If everything goes wrong, I think you need to change a lot of things, think again about your plans, what goal you are going to, how you will achieve them, and so on. The game is of course cool, but you have to do other complicated content. I mean every second person can do the passing game, and there is a lot of competition in this. It is necessary to make such content that many are interested in and make them subscribe to your channel.

Reactions: Nikki120113

FleXiNaToR

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Youtube is a unfair place,you get good content creators that make super quality videos but they pull in no views because they do not know how to market the video,then you get dung content creators who pull in thousands of views because they know how to market their videos or they just have some big Youtuber promote their channel.

Don't stress to much,most of us go thru the stalled views and no subs phase.

Reactions: Devin and Lasersgo

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try not to to get to stressed over views and subscribers, I feel like the more you focus on numbers the more your content will go down and you won’t enjoy making videos anymore because you’re too worried about numbers. If you don’t worry about the numbers and you just enjoy making videos more people will see that you’re enjoying what you’re doing and they will want to subscribe to your channel.

Zandrom

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I first started I was stressing out over the views and subs, especially when I went from what I would call a good start, to almost nothing it was frustrating. since then I've ignored views and subs and just posted because I wanted to.

I've taken breaks, and basically killed my youtube channel already, but I'm finding it more fun to make videos than before.

If you are just creating content for an audience and not yourself, at a pace you cant handle, it's going to get messy.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm too busy with real world stress to worry about Youtube. I guess an advantage of not 'making it big' is I can relax and make videos on my own time without a schedule set in stone.

Big time Youtubers have to post videos either daily or on some set schedule that the fans expect them to be out by a certain day that if they don't they start complaining and unsubbing.

Like the crazy people complaining about Angry Joe taking time off, or no longer posting much of the kind of video they want to see. Well... It's his channel, he can do what he wants.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Now, this is going to sound like I’m stressing more than I feel I am, but how many of you get really stressed over the numbers game on YouTube?

Like, when I look at my content and see stalled views and no one subscribing for days, it stresses me out. I get to thinking, “well do I suck? Do people not like me? What am I doing wrong?!” And those thoughts really do keep me up later than I would like to admit at night.

Being a newer YouTuber and being very small is frustrating, and I don’t think that helps. I never expected to gain mass amounts of subs and views in my first two months and I don’t expect to do it...maybe ever? I love making videos, but it can be discouraging when you promote to the best of your abilities, make the best videos you feel you can make, and look to see that you aren’t getting any views or reactions (negatively or positively).

So...yeah. How do you all deal with the stress that comes from YouTube?
I use to feel like that often.The way I dealt with it? Try not to be consumed by numbers. Drop 1 or 2 video a week (make the best of that video) log off YouTube, so you don't see anything until your next upload. On your next upload. Review everything, numbers, likes, comments and reply to some if you have any. Then rinse and repeat. Staying away helps more, while away you create ideas for your next video. Create that plan that works for you. This was mine, this worked for me.

Keep your head up and keep moving. Bless

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think at this point, YouTube is going to go in any number of directions, but the days of, "Upload some good stuff, get a lot of subscribers and some money out of it" are probably long gone. Now it's a lot of work to gain attention and to make content, and if that stresses you out now, it's only going to keep getting more stressful as you get bigger, because you'll have more to lose.

As someone who has always done something in the arts (and never really made any money at it), I try to keep the mindset of letting the work out into the world, trying to let as many people know about it as I can, and then letting the results inform me as to what I should expect. I think YouTube is moving towards a more Netflix-like approach to their high-earning channels (wanting to produce more stuff themselves and determining the direction of content, etc.) and I don't think that "small channel makes it huge" will be much of a trend going forward. So I keep that in mind, for sure.