Dealing with YouTube stress

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Simple: Turn it into productivity.

Instead of constantly asking yourself all of those questions (do people like me, what's wrong, etc), just act on it. If you think you can do something to make people like you better, even if it's a shot in the dark, go and make something of it. If you have even the slightest idea of "what's wrong" or something you can do better, sign out of this forum and go make it better. That's really all there is to it. More action, less questioning.

Reactions: charise

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Personally, if I ever get stressed out over it, I do something else. This isn't because of the stress part, though (I don't mind it so much), but just because it gets boring really quickly and I automatically stop stressing over something from loss of interest in doing so.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Now, this is going to sound like I’m stressing more than I feel I am, but how many of you get really stressed over the numbers game on YouTube?

Like, when I look at my content and see stalled views and no one subscribing for days, it stresses me out. I get to thinking, “well do I suck? Do people not like me? What am I doing wrong?!” And those thoughts really do keep me up later than I would like to admit at night.

Being a newer YouTuber and being very small is frustrating, and I don’t think that helps. I never expected to gain mass amounts of subs and views in my first two months and I don’t expect to do it...maybe ever? I love making videos, but it can be discouraging when you promote to the best of your abilities, make the best videos you feel you can make, and look to see that you aren’t getting any views or reactions (negatively or positively).

So...yeah. How do you all deal with the stress that comes from YouTube?
Do NOT expect to gain anything. When you let go of that "need" that you have from YouTube, you won't be stressed anymore. Letting go is key. I for example do not think that I must gain this or that from YouTube in order to make myself feel good. I upload them because I want to share and even if it's 1 person that I could make him/her smile then that is enough. Yes, I take YouTube seriously, but I won't feel bad about it if one video is not as succesful. I learn from it. Also, use TubeBuddy to suggest you relevant and great tags that will help you in search ranks. It certainly helped me.

Reactions: charise

Aaron Geyer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
To deal with YouTube stress in general I just think how much fun I'll have working on the current (or next) video! The worst that could happen is that YouTube will ban me from the platform for life! So I just remember why I'm creating videos and how privileged I am to upload and have others see my videos for free. If the video is a complete disaster I can always delete it and try something else.

If the stress comes from not getting enough subs just remember it could be worse. You could get a whole bunch of subs that never watch your videos. I see way too many channels with 1000 - 5000 subs that hardly have any views. It's better to have a few views where people are actually watching than a whole bunch of views where subbies just say "nice video." and watch for 10 seconds.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At this early point in my YouTube journey, I am more stressed and anxious about actually getting videos out on a frequent and consistent basis! :D not so much stressed about numbers, just the content!

Reactions: Lasersgo

Andy R

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Now, this is going to sound like I’m stressing more than I feel I am, but how many of you get really stressed over the numbers game on YouTube?

Like, when I look at my content and see stalled views and no one subscribing for days, it stresses me out. I get to thinking, “well do I suck? Do people not like me? What am I doing wrong?!” And those thoughts really do keep me up later than I would like to admit at night.

Being a newer YouTuber and being very small is frustrating, and I don’t think that helps. I never expected to gain mass amounts of subs and views in my first two months and I don’t expect to do it...maybe ever? I love making videos, but it can be discouraging when you promote to the best of your abilities, make the best videos you feel you can make, and look to see that you aren’t getting any views or reactions (negatively or positively).

I do get stressed and then I come back here are read about people who struggled for years and finally made it. Try to spend your energy in building better content.

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other

Well to be quite straight up honest with you.... if you care that much about views/numbers then you're not really doing youtube for the right reason.
All small youtubers, even the big ones now all started somewhere, rarely is it ever an overnight thousand subs & views. If you love making videos, then numbers shouldnt bother you.
I'm a creator, i love making & editing videos along with everything else creative i do in my life. My channel is also small, it especially downgraded when i took a massive break for a year but i'm still posting the things i've created for my current viewers & the numbers dont bother me. I'm thankful for the regular viewers i do have & i'm constantly learning & progressing in the youtube world. If you have such a negative thinking process when it comes towards your channel, it'll show in your videos.

Please dont get me wrong, I'm not coming from an angry or aggressive opinion at all, its just A LOT of people start youtube for the wrong reasons & they wonder why they dont get anywhere or they're just constantly upset about their channel for the views/subs what not.

Reactions: WebSam

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well to be quite straight up honest with you.... if you care that much about views/numbers then you're not really doing youtube for the right reason.
All small youtubers, even the big ones now all started somewhere, rarely is it ever an overnight thousand subs & views. If you love making videos, then numbers shouldnt bother you.
I'm a creator, i love making & editing videos along with everything else creative i do in my life. My channel is also small, it especially downgraded when i took a massive break for a year but i'm still posting the things i've created for my current viewers & the numbers dont bother me. I'm thankful for the regular viewers i do have & i'm constantly learning & progressing in the youtube world. If you have such a negative thinking process when it comes towards your channel, it'll show in your videos.

Please dont get me wrong, I'm not coming from an angry or aggressive opinion at all, its just A LOT of people start youtube for the wrong reasons & they wonder why they dont get anywhere or they're just constantly upset about their channel for the views/subs what not.
But imo there’s nothing wrong with wanting to gain numbers. That doesn’t make it a “wrong reason” imo. Numbers aren’t my reason for doing youtube, but every creator wants their stuff seen, right? You can love making videos and still get discouraged if you feel no one is watching those videos.

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
But imo there’s nothing wrong with wanting to gain numbers. That doesn’t make it a “wrong reason” imo. Numbers aren’t my reason for doing youtube, but every creator wants their stuff seen, right? You can love making videos and still get discouraged if you feel no one is watching those videos.
Of course theres nothing wrong with wanting numbers. To me it is the wrong reason haha but each to their own & i respect that. But is there literally no one watching your videos? For me, like i said, i'm more than thankful for the viewers I do have. Creators want their stuff seen but dont necessarily get so discouraged when "no one" sees it. Creating things makes us happy on its own. I edit a tonne of vids that I dont post on my channel, i create videos for other people for free, i do photography, i'm also a freelance model. There's a lot of times where my photography doesnt get any views or recognition but that's okay, i enjoyed the process, i enjoyed creating it & thats what matters to me.

Maybe do some research on other youtubers & incorporate it into yours in your own way? Always learn & progress & keep husslin.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, the stress won't go away even if you become a huge channel. That's how stress & anxiety work, you're never happy with things the way they are. Yes we should always strive to do our best but we should also remember to count our blessings as well.

Reactions: Lasersgo