Dead Subscribers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I was wondering if someone experienced something similar to this, especially for smaller youtubers.

So back in 2013 is where I "technically" started youtube, but I eventually got bored and disarrayed with the lack of success I was having. Because I was 13 and stupid. By that time however, I had amassed 38 subscribers, which is actually decent. Cut back to this year, and I genuinely feel that my channel is hurt by these subscribers. Because I privated all of my old videos, my Sub/View ratio looks pretty terrible.

So is/has anyone else dealing with a similar thing?

Reactions: CristyTango

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't feel alone. I think out of 246 subs, I get maybe 5 of them to view any of my videos anymore, meaning only 5 are active total lol. I think the algorithm might actually punish us for having subs that never click on our videos because my channel feels more dead this year than ever before, but with Youtube, it's so hard to tell. Maybe one day The Great Algorithm will shine upon us all.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well you can't go back in time so don't stress about things you can't control. All we can as YouTubers is to make each video as well as we can and upload regularly. :)

Reactions: daniel burgio

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
YESSSS I wish I could delete them because some of them are people who forgot their password and made a new profile or just made a new profile all together... maaaayyyyeeeebeeee ONE is active. Lol

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well that how it happened, subscribers will either unsubscribe because you upload something that they don't enjoy watching or just become a dead subscribers because they don't use that accounts to watch that videos. Just keep uploading and don't worry about dead subscribers. Who knows, they might come back someday.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
No worries. I watch really huge channels and they got something like some thousand views and still got suggested and on top. So this seems the way that Youtube works as long as it does not remove inactive users. Perhaps the algorithm doesn,t even count them anymore assuming that they might be inactive or actually ...dead :D :p

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have 250ish subs and they are all dead sadly so my channel growth is at a stand still and it sucks. I got a bunch of them from a comment I made on Twitter on the new Youtube monetization requirements that I wasn't giving up etc etc and the got retweeted by the Youtube Creators(?) account so they all came from there but it sucked cause they never actually watched anything I put out lol.

Reactions: PhysicsFreak101

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got subboted, which got me excited for a bit, until I realized it ruined my channel. It got so bad with inactive subs that I was losing subs while uploading, so now I have a new channel! But you situation doesn't seem so dire yet, so keep on pushing! But if you are thinking of making a different channel, then definitely promote it in the last 5 videos on your current video, but I doubt it will come to that! On my new channel though, around 50% of my subscribers are active, so it's pretty nice having a fresh start, but I'm hoping to get to 100 subs by the end of the school year!

Reactions: Devin

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well that how it happened, subscribers will either unsubscribe because you upload something that they don't enjoy watching or just become a dead subscribers because they don't use that accounts to watch that videos. Just keep uploading and don't worry about dead subscribers. Who knows, they might come back someday.
I've got one old channel that I haven't uploaded to for years and it still has a bunch of subscribers who obviously either don't exist anymore or just don't care. It doesn't bother me any, it's their problem not mine, but to have people still subbed to a dead channel seems kind of ridiculous.