Daiso Japan Makeup

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Forgive the white. It looked fine before processing. Figured out it was a format processing issue. Should be fixed for the future. Anyway other then that what do you think?

I am planning on making more Daiso Japan videos so hopefully this is interesting.

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi Cristy!

So here's my feedback. I'd say that yeah, the video's a bit glarey, but you already knew that. The glare undermines a lot of what you're saying about pink, shimmer etc., since I can't see what you mean when you're talking about these things. Good colour is key to this kind of video, I think.

You mention problems quite often - not being familiar with contouring, the pearl eye shadow range all being quite similar, your unhappiness with how your hair looks, etc., and that doesn't help because it makes you sound unconfident about what you're doing, and I'd choose to watch this video as a guide, so I'd be looking for confidence in you as my guide.

If you want to do the "I'm not very confident" vibe then perhaps it's worth building more of a relationship with your viewers so it becomes a running joke, or something like that? Just a thought. Personally, I'd suggest just being confident. Or faking it until you really feel it, anyway.

I'd also have really liked to see a good close-up of the final look in all its glory, but we don't really get that (oh, and maybe a look at what you're aiming to achieve at the beginning too, so I know what I'm watching to the end for). Show us your artistry! After all, that's what you did it for, right?

dickandballsshow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You've already highlighted the biggest issue, that being the editing, the rest of the video is pretty good. Your personality really shines through and I always prefer music playing throughout videos like these which you have already thought of. I would also suggest another camera angle is needed, close-ups maybe?

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I completely agree with @Rowan Oakley on the confidence thing but if you're not confident since its a new branch of videos you are trying to explore perhaps take a look at how others are going about doing makeup videos. i.e. showing the product and inserting swatches and having some closeups on the eye makeup part would have helped you a lot (i personally found your mascara application face amusing AF). It was refreshing to see you using your fingers to apply face makeup though xD its quite rare. im those types that needs a brush to apply tinted sunscreen LOL but i like seeing others being able to handle the gunky feeling on their hands when they put on facemakeup