Daily Upload or Daily Publish?

T2uoo

Reaction score
HI Youtubers,

the upload frequently rule applies to uploads only?
What happens if I upload in bulk in unpublished state and publish one video a day without actual new uploads?

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
HI Youtubers,

the upload frequently rule applies to uploads only?
What happens if I upload in bulk in unpublished state and publish one video a day without actual new uploads?
Bulk upload [emoji848] i think this is not a good idea at any condition, you can be detected as spam and the worst risk is that your channel may get suspended.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
You can always upload and schedule, I know a few who schedule on weekly basis, so they upload from 5 - 7 videos in one day.

Reactions: markkaz

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can bulk upload and schedule when they will be released. That's how big channels with production teams do it.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's what the scheduling feature is for. You can upload weeks and weeks worth of videos and just have them auto-publish on your schedule. Uploading each one just as you want to publish is inefficient and risks you missing an upload due to unforeseen circumstances.

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Upload and publish at your own schedule. If you have the ability to schedule your videos, that's a good plan too.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
To answer your question, it is the publishing frequency that matters. It's just called upload frequency because most people publish at the same time.

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Publish frequently. If you upload every day at a certain time (Like 9:00), but don't finish typing out the metadata (Tags, description, title), what was the point? Viewers can't see it until you PUBLISH it!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I bulk upload and set for scheduled release every 2 days. I like to have about 2 weeks worth uploaded/scheduled ready for release.
Im a bit behind at the mo and only have 1 weeks worth in the pipeline. Might knock a few out tonight to get me back up to 2 weeks..

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Right now I have 11 videos scheduled. So, I'm set through September 1st. It took me a long time to be able to get ahead, though.

But I have a question. So, the first 24-48 hours after uploading or after publishing are the most important? I just heard a rumor that YouTube's algorithm looks how well your video does the first day or two after uploading. This would mean that if I upload a video today, and schedule it for next week, YT would think that the video has no traction, and therefore wouldn't promote it. Because no one would be looking at it for a whole week until it was published.

Does that make sense? Does anyone know anything about this: whether upload date or publish date is more important?