D- rating on social blade... should I be concerned?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I recently decided to keep my old channel which I created in 2011 but didn't start using it to upload random low quality videos until last year of my pet bird. Channel had a rating of C- on social blade last month before I started to upload new videos (my new content... not the low quality videos I had been uploading before) but now my channel has D- rating on social blade.

I've read it "doesn't matter what rating" social blade gives but then I read somewhere else that it does matter. I'm confused on what this means... it can't be good? =(

EDIT: Last week I did delete over 100 videos from my channel... could this be the issue? The videos I deleted were old and never got many views...

Reactions: PvtPsycho

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It literally doesn't matter. Socialblade is not YouTube. It just has to do with how your channel stacks up to other channels. So if you are concerned with the numbers then yes, it's bad. But otherwise it really shoudn't concern you.

Reactions: markkaz

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
It literally doesn't matter. Socialblade is not YouTube. It just has to do with how your channel stacks up to other channels. So if you are concerned with the numbers then yes, it's bad. But otherwise it really shoudn't concern you.
Great, thanks for your response. I used to upload "crappy" videos of my pet bird but I have been putting a ton of work into the new videos (content) I started to upload since last week... it will be interesting to see how long it stays at D-... at least it's not an F. I just hope that doesn't mean youtube is less likely to recommend my video?? One of my bird videos is getting a ton of views (at least 10,000 views a month)... so I guess it really doesn't matter what social blade says... I'm trying to learn as much as possible...

PvtPsycho

Friendly Neighborhood Psycho
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I recently decided to keep my old channel which I created in 2011 but didn't start using it to upload random low quality videos until last year of my pet bird. Channel had a rating of C- on social blade last month before I started to upload new videos (my new content... not the low quality videos I had been uploading before) but now my channel has D- rating on social blade.

I've read it "doesn't matter what rating" social blade gives but then I read somewhere else that it does matter. I'm confused on what this means... it can't be good? =(

EDIT: Last week I did delete over 100 videos from my channel... could this be the issue? The videos I deleted were old and never got many views...
The rating doesn’t matter but for peace of mind it’s always good to see if upgrade to a B or A!
I would say (just guessing) by deleting a lot of old videos I could possibly lower your score. My thought process is that part of the rating is based on how many videos you have and how often you post. Deleting those could damage the score.

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
The rating doesn’t matter but for peace of mind it’s always good to see if upgrade to a B or A!
I would say (just guessing) by deleting a lot of old videos I could possibly lower your score. My thought process is that part of the rating is based on how many videos you have and how often you post. Deleting those could damage the score.
Interesting I see, thanks. I read social blade updates every month? When I saw D- grade it brought back bad memories of being in high school LOL

I upload videos twice week... just started last week...

PvtPsycho

Friendly Neighborhood Psycho
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I literally don’t even qualify for social blade to enter my channel data. It requires 5 subscribers so it doesn’t matter lol! Be proud of your channel![DOUBLEPOST=1507769902,1507769793][/DOUBLEPOST]I
Interesting I see, thanks. I read social blade updates every month? When I saw D- grade it brought back bad memories of being in high school LOL

I upload videos twice week... just started last week...
just started uploaded two a week last week as well.
If I had to recommend anything it would be this:

Upload on a constant basis!
Try and upload HD videos (could be taken into consideration)
The more interaction you get the better!
Constant balance of negative comments could hurt.

Reactions: Tropical365

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I literally don’t even qualify for social blade to enter my channel data. It requires 5 subscribers so it doesn’t matter lol! Be proud of your channel![DOUBLEPOST=1507769902,1507769793][/DOUBLEPOST]I

just started uploaded two a week last week as well.
If I had to recommend anything it would be this:

Upload on a constant basis!
Try and upload HD videos (could be taken into consideration)
The more interaction you get the better!
Constant balance of negative comments could hurt.
Thanks for your advice... I bought a new camera and it shoots in 1080P... thus far I haven't gotten negative comments on my videos yet so that's good at least =)[DOUBLEPOST=1507833452][/DOUBLEPOST]What does a TBD rating on social blade mean? I googled this but am still unsure of what TBD means exactly? Thanks

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,
I honestly don't think social blade matters. I spend years beeb obsessed with social blade but it reallt doesn't matter in the end.

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've read it "doesn't matter what rating" social blade gives but then I read somewhere else that it does matter
It doesn't matter. Socialblade only has one feature that is beneficial and that is finding out who has you in their featured box. The grades and projections are meaningless in almost every way.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Socialblade rankings are pretty much meaningless except to get an estimate of how many subscribers/views a channel has.