Custom Video Thumbnail as Non-Partner?

GuruguyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
How do get a custom video thumbnail as a non-partner? Isn't there a way to do it by uploading the image at a certain timeframe in the video? (And is there a way to add it on already uploaded videos?)

GoHan.

Dat YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Same question xD

MidasGaming

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know either but it is weird I am not partnered but I have them and my friends don't. Which I think is unfair

GuruguyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think it may have something to with how old the account is or how many views you have. My main YT account has it but my gaming channel (being new) doesn't :(

Jason Liu

Master GFX Designer/Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
I've been researching this question myself. I've seen many people say that you need to be active for one month and you will get Custom Thumbnails, but I am not 100% sure since I'm not at the 1 month mark yet.

GTACommunityVideos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do get a custom video thumbnail as a non-partner? Isn't there a way to do it by uploading the image at a certain timeframe in the video? (And is there a way to add it on already uploaded videos?)
Enable monetization, then you'll have them. I used to do it but I dont need to do it any more as I'm partnered. Hope this helped ;)

Zer0Drifts

Reaction score
Be active and try to get more views,then you'll be able to get a thumbnail ant other access to your channel.

Jason Liu

Master GFX Designer/Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
Yeah, general idea is pretty much to be active, be entertaining and keep the crowd voting for you!