Custom URL for a NEW Channel?

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed something, but, is there ANY way that I can qualify for a custom YouTube URL before I even get started with my channel?

I like to sing and am in the process of recording my own music videos. Once I have several completed, I want to post them up on my channel before I launch that channel.

I am also interested in getting a better YouTube channel art.

Any recommendations where I can go get better channel art AND how do I get a custom URL at this point?

-Thanks,
Steven
Berkeley, CA USA

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know about the channel art, but about the custom URL, YouTube made changes a while ago and the current requirements are:
  • Have 100 or more subscribers
  • Be at least 30 days old
  • Have an uploaded photo as channel icon
  • Have uploaded channel art
I hope this helps!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
There's no way under 100 subscribers but that's easy to do. Also at under 100 subs you won't be searched or searchable anyway yet

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube requires you to have 100 subscribers before you can make a custom URL and you won't be able to search your channel until you have 100 subscribers! Good with reaching 100 subscribers I'm sure you will reach it in no time!

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's no way under 100 subscribers but that's easy to do. Also at under 100 subs you won't be searched or searchable anyway yet
YouTube requires you to have 100 subscribers before you can make a custom URL and you won't be able to search your channel until you have 100 subscribers! Good with reaching 100 subscribers I'm sure you will reach it in no time!

Wait.....what do you guys mean by not being able to search for a channel under 100 subscribers?

I'm at 75 subscribers right now. If I slide on over to YouTube and type in my channel name: "Frisky Brisket" in YouTube's search bar, my channel will totally appear in the list and I can access it from there.....even when I'm logged out of YouTube.

Do you mean that your channel doesn't appear as a suggested channel on other similar channels?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wait.....what do you guys mean by not being able to search for a channel under 100 subscribers?

I'm at 75 subscribers right now. If I slide on over to YouTube and type in my channel name: "Frisky Brisket" in YouTube's search bar, my channel will totally appear in the list and I can access it from there.....even when I'm logged out of YouTube.

Do you mean that your channel doesn't appear as a suggested channel on other similar channels?
It use to be you couldn’t search it until 100 subscribers unless YouTube changed that rule!

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It use to be you couldn’t search it until 100 subscribers unless YouTube changed that rule!
Ah, okay. Well, YouTube is all the time changing their rules. It's totally hard to keep up with everything they do.

Like, I just found out the other day that YouTube unmonetized all my videos because a channel now has to have over 10,000 total views for monetization. I was not happy having to drinking that tall glass of sadness the other day..

Thanks for the information my dude! You totally rock! :).

Take Care my friend.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other

Yes it will appear if you search it. But it’ll be so unknown that no one will be

Reactions: Frisky Brisket