Custom Thumbnails

Tommehloll

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Is there a certain amount of views you need to get before getting custom thumbnails?

Hatterrific

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No. From what I know,you need to monetize your videos in order to get those custom thumbs. That's been bothering me for days since I can't monetize.

Cuttinboard

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Lol nope, I got custom thumbnails the first day I started. But I regret monetization though

Bryant

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer
Because its annoying. And I am at risk of getting clicked bombed. So I can never ever get a full partner if I am clickbombed
ah, i see.

Is there a certain amount of views you need to get before getting custom thumbnails?
i got mine around when my view to subscriber/video ratio (or some kind of other ratio) reached the threshold for CreatorX (the banner appeared on VidStatsX on the bottom left of page).

MC4Pros

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer
Well I monitized all my videos then unmonitized a few days after and they still give me custom thumbnails even though the videos not monitized.

KillerTeddy

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I monitized all my videos then unmonitized a few days after and they still give me custom thumbnails even though the videos not monitized.
I monetized, but never made an adsense, as I was under 18. I then figured out if your a gamer, you can get screwed over as the content isn't yours, so I just unmonetized, no harm done. FREE THUMBNAILS WOO

Reactions: MC4Pros

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
But i still dont get it it :( Do i need to monetize my vids and then unmonetize my vids?????? I rlly want custom thumbnails :D And i know its pretty hard for gamers on YT to monetize since its copyrighted content but i just want to make my own thumbnails XD Since im full of ideas ;)