custom thumbnails? Yes? No?

What is your opinion on custom thumbnails? And how do you make them?
I don't currently create custom thumbnails. Do you think they get you more views?

I think they definitely help. People do judge books by their cover, after all. It's the nature of the world. I'm currently designing mine. I use PhotoShop CS4. It also makes your videos stand out to the other million like it, and makes it look more professional.

custom thumbnails make your videos look greater then they already do they just add that extra mmph to make a random stranger on youtube click the video because the thumbnail looks funny

I love custom thumbnails, personally, I think that it makes the video more appealing and with the custom thumbnails, I've gained the same average amount of views, but at a faster rate.

Yes, as YouTube even says "The thumbnail is the poster for your video." It's the main factor in deciding whether or not a person will watch your video, so if you have the ability to enhance it, go for it. You don't need to go overboard either. Once we got Custom Thumbnails, I just went through all our videos and saved out my favorite frame to use. Now, we typically add color and do lots of editing, but that's just what we found works best for us.

I think they definitely help. People do judge books by their cover, after all. It's the nature of the world. I'm currently designing mine. I use PhotoShop CS4. It also makes your videos stand out to the other million like it, and makes it look more professional.

VERY TRUE. Thanks a lot for the reply :)

Sorry to ask a noob question, but after getting monetized and waiting a couple of weeks (youtube tutorial on thumbnails), the option for custom thumbnails still isnt avilable for me. Any ideas on how I can move it along please guys?

Definitely they help!! Funny enough I was in a dark corner the other day looking at videos of shark bites and I was more likely to click the ones that had the badass looking sharks on them. Just sayin'. :giggle:

Back