Custom Thumbnails stop youtube ads?

tomscott

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've recently started creating a custom thumbnail for all my uploads as opposed to using the ones youtube auto populates. I've noticed that whilst everything appears to be ok in terms of monetising these videos i cannot see adverts showing in the videos with the custom thumbnails. They are still appearing in the videso prior to including the custom thumbnail.

Has anyone experienced this? Any idea on whether this is a way i can solve this?

Many thanks in advance.
Tom

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi Guys,
I've recently started creating a custom thumbnail for all my uploads as opposed to using the ones youtube auto populates. I've noticed that whilst everything appears to be ok in terms of monetising these videos i cannot see adverts showing in the videos with the custom thumbnails. They are still appearing in the videso prior to including the custom thumbnail.

Has anyone experienced this? Any idea on whether this is a way i can solve this?

Many thanks in advance.
Tom

Hello and welcome to YTtalk. :)

Moved to the monetization forum. (The support forum is for forum support, not Youtube support. We are not YouTube staff. :) )

It's nothing to do with the thumbnails. If it were, 90% of all YT videos would be affected. It's more likely due to the fact that it's the beginning of April. It's the first month of a new quarter. Companies spend their ad budget in quarterly cycles and most is spent at the end of the last month of each quarter.

tomscott

Reaction score
Many thanks for the reply. Interesting thoughts .... I had considered that. I did think it was strange tho that the videos with the old thumbnails still have ads appearing though? Could this be because they were uploaded end of march?