Custom microphone

GiacomoMura

Reaction score
Website
www.giacomomura.com
Channel Type
Musician
Hi all!

I am looking forward starting creating video content: it will be a series of courses on classical music appreciation. Still, before starting I need to get audio equipment. I am doing research, but in the huge offer I find tricky to get a grasp on what would be really suitable to my particular needs.
So, this is my situation: the course will be a frontal lesson, I will be on camera talking at a distance of about 2 meters from it.
This is a picture of the setup:

Setup.PNG

The most important thing is that I am going to talk and comment on recordings played on the spot with pc and speakers.
I am looking for a microphone which would be set off screen (or if visible would not disturb too much) and could capture well both my voice and the music coming from the speakers.

Some remarks:
Recording only the speaking part and adding the music moments through editing is not really possible in my style of teaching, I need to hear the music too during the lesson;
also, I would like not to spend a lot: I know that the higher the quality, the best are the chances of success, and quality of course costs; still, I am new to video teaching and I do not know at the moment how much time and effort I will be able to spend in creating online courses here, so I am not willing to invest a lot of money since this activity might end up being just a nieche of my whole teaching.

Thank you very much in advance for your advice! I am aware that the question puts limitations and might not be a completely ideal solution, but I believe in your expertise