Crit my commentary document...

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is for my first commentary on the channel, it uses my sarcastic humour and the point of the video is just to introduce myself, I want constructive crit! :)

---

Hello everybody my name is Jolt and I talk over gameplay…. Calm down, I know it’s a new concept but I think I’m going to start a trend, I’ve never seen it done before but I think it will catch on! This gameplay is from Modern Warfare 3 in case you didn’t notice, I only picked up the game three days ago, so I'm not an MLG pro just yet, plus MW3 is a lot more b******t filled than Black Ops so I have to get used to getting killed by laggy kids with snipers again. I do enjoy the game don't get me wrong, but only in short bursts of an hour or so, and it's much more fun playing with a good team... which are hard to come by, so if anyone wants to game with me just send me a message.

Anyways, this commentary is just going to be about me, the channel, and what is to come in the future. So a little about me, I’m just a regular guy, I go to a regular secondary school; I’m from Northern Ireland so that’s where the accent comes from, I want to go to university after secondary school and I decided to start a YouTube channel just for the fun of it. I play video games a lot if you hadn’t already guessed so I enjoy murdering pixel people on Xbox live and screaming at Call of Duty… Anybody else realise Call of Duty is like a drug? You know it’s bad but you still do it anyway…

This channel is going to be for FPS games mostly, but not just call of duty; this will be a variety FPS channel… I’ll be playing the new Medal of Honour, Black Ops 2 and Halo 4… Because FPS games are what I enjoy and if I play multiple games I can give tips and tricks for them all, so it’s a win-win. Also, Call of duty gets boring and frustrating if I only play it and nothing else… sorry CoD fanboys but there are other games out there that people enjoy and call of duty isn’t the centre of the universe… And with that statement I just melted the brains of a million 12 year olds!

My Favourite FPS of the current console generation has got to be Halo 3, I must have over 300 hours clocked on that game easily, and I don’t regret a single hour, it was the first game I ever played on Xbox and I still play it to this day, it is just such a well balanced and immersive multiplayer experience... and when Halo 4 releases I will be throwing money at the shop to give me it... I also love RTS games, but nobody wants to watch a hundred tiny men stick swords in each other as I talk over the top of it, plus the 12 year old Call of duty players don't know what strategy actually means so I wouldn't want to hurt their little brains any more than I already have!

I’m going to try and be more than just the average commentator and produce quality content, I’m going to try and be funny so my content won't always be serious, and if you don’t get my humour then that’s your fault but I could arrange for you to go see a laughologist and get your severe problem sorted out before it spreads to the rest of the community. My videos will be in 720p minimum, because HD is cool and SD is the quality of the stone ages. I’m also going to give tips and tricks where I can, especially in newer games once they come out so expect a lot of Medal of Honour and Black Ops 2 content when they release, in October and November respectively.

Ill hopefully do 3 videos a week, but that’s variable depending on what’s going on during the week, so some weeks there could be a video a day, and other weeks maybe only one or two videos, but hopefully 3 will be the benchmark on average, and hopefully all 3 videos won’t be the same game. I’ll even make playlists of the different games so if you want Halo, it’s there, if you want Call of Duty, it’s there… That’s clever isn’t it? Sometime I surprise myself with my own genius.

So in short, this is a variety FPS channel, I’ll maybe do a few other games along the way and on that note I think I’ll finish the video, please leave a rating and subscribe if you enjoyed the video and look out for more in the future, if you have any ideas how I can improve my videos could you please comment down below… Thanks for watching and I will see you guys when I see you guys!

----

Thanks

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you have certainly put a lot of thought into it, it is good in my opinion but there is something I would leave out, I think the negative points you make might be best left out, perhaps the crappy school part and the part about not expecting a great gameplay, I would leave them to decide if they think that. I would ask them some questions at the end if you can to entice them to comment, other than those things I think its great and well thought out.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you have certainly put a lot of thought into it, it is good in my opinion but there is something I would leave out, I think the negative points you make might be best left out, perhaps the crappy school part and the part about not expecting a great gameplay, I would leave them to decide if they think that. I would ask them some questions at the end if you can to entice them to comment, other than those things I think its great and well thought out.
Thanks I'll make the edits right this second :D

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just suggestions mind you :D

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thats way better, I think its almost always best to keep things positive :)