Creator X vs. SocialBlade

Alex!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I looked through the forums, and I couldn't really find any threads that specifically addressed this so.. If anyone could help me out with any aspects of these, that would be great! It would even be helpful if you linked a thread with an answer to one of my questions if a thread already exists. The other day someone told me to use the search tool because threads like this already existed, but he never linked any threads, so that wasn't very helpful. Also, the threads that came up in search didn't have any answers I was looking for.

So anyway, I recently applied to both of these networks and the both of them replied with contracts. I'm fairly new to this whole idea of networks, so naturally, I have quite a few questions. Hopefully any answers might help me make my decision.

So obviously, which network would be the better choice? The "better choice" in terms of:
  1. Do either of them help in building an audience? If so, how? Creator X replied saying, "We offer the tools to grow your channel (In the benefits packet)." Does anyone know if these tools are helpful? SocialBlade's contract says they provide partner support services that provide optimization of our videos to help boost video views. Basically the same. Are the tools they provide helpful at all?
  2. Do either of them have a forum? If so, are they useful or are they full of people spamming videos?
  3. And finally, is one network more fun to work with than the other? Is one network more rewarding (not in terms of revenue) to work with than the other?
And I know Creator X is a network by FullScreen and SocialBlade is a network by Maker Studios, but does that really make any one network better than the other? I feel like it wouldn't. Opinions would be great. :)
Also, some other things that might be worth noting:
  • Creator X is offering a 70:30 cut, while SocialBlade is offering a 60:40 cut.
  • Creator X wants at least 2 videos each month, while SocialBlade doesn't specify (I don't think so anyway).
  • Both are offering contracts lasting 12 months and will automatically renew for another year.
  • I make vlog/challenge/covers of songs type videos, if that matters.
My channel is really small, so obviously I'm not expecting to make any money at all. That's why I'm not basing my decision off the splits they're offering me. Primarily, what I'm looking to get out of working with a network is audience development. Is partnering with a network even a good idea for me at this point?
Sorry for such a long thread, but I just want to weigh out the pros and cons before I make any decisions, considering I'll be with the network for 12 months. Thanks so much in advance if anyone replies!

Reactions: mattv2099

paskyskiesss

I'm a peacock flying into a rainbow!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
I don't have any experience with Creator X but I'm with RPM/SB So I can quite answer your questions. 1. Yes, SocialBlade does help in building your audience, they have a partner spotlight in their channel which gets thousands of views, and they retweet everything. They tweet videos from their partners to thousand of other youtubers who follow their twitter. I think they also share videos on their facebook page. 2. RPM and Socialblade both have forums, Yes they're quite useful and No, I think they delete spam posts in the forum. 3. So far I'm loving my network, they answer everything from stupid tweets to partnership questions, plus they really case for small channels like us. Talking about revenue, I'd say go with RPM/SB they send you your earnings once you reached $50. Their payment threshold is pretty low compared to some networks which is 100. Hope this helps. Happy tubing.

Alex!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't have any experience with Creator X but I'm with RPM/SB So I can quite answer your questions. 1. Yes, SocialBlade does help in building your audience, they have a partner spotlight in their channel which gets thousands of views, and they retweet everything. They tweet videos from their partners to thousand of other youtubers who follow their twitter. I think they also share videos on their facebook page. 2. RPM and Socialblade both have forums, Yes they're quite useful and No, I think they delete spam posts in the forum. 3. So far I'm loving my network, they answer everything from stupid tweets to partnership questions, plus they really case for small channels like us. Talking about revenue, I'd say go with RPM/SB they send you your earnings once you reached $50. Their payment threshold is pretty low compared to some networks which is 100. Hope this helps. Happy tubing.
No one was replying, so I almost decided on going with Creator X just because the FullScreen website was visually appealing loooool. I just looked at the stats of the people featured in their spotlight videos and their subscribers do go up significantly.. :( And I like the Twitter promotion. I looked at some of their tweets and it kind of does seem like they care about the smaller channels. And yeah, I read that in the contract about the revenue thing and it doesn't bother me too much. Anyway, thanks for the insight!