Creator Studio: When are my videos being watched?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone~
So I am pretty positive I have seen this feature somewhere in the Creator Studio, but I can't seem to find it. Is there a way of seeing at what hours of the day your video is being watched? I know the new Studio is showing 24 and 48 hour recaps of this, but I need to know about the first hours of older videos as well.

I'm trying to figure out if I should upload my video at 12 noon or 7pm +1 GMT. From research I know that the evening is probably better, but that is the middle of the night for me (I live in Australia) and makes that I can't respond swiftly to the first comments.

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am not sure if it says specifically but I do remember seeing graphs that show when your videos are watched the most.

Qldking

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Would it be difficult to tell the time as you would need a different graph for each location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you can do this with the new YouTube Analytics but you CAN do this in "regular" Google Analytics, the same Analytics that you use with your website. A lot of people don't realize that you can also use Google Analytics with YouTube, you just add your YouTube page as another "website" and then you can read it just like a web page.

The "Users by time of day" graph is probably what you want, it defaults to the last 7 days but you can set a custom time for any period you like. In your case, you'd set that custom time to the day you launched the video in question.

That might do the trick for you.

Qldking

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm not sure how you can do this with the new YouTube Analytics but you CAN do this in "regular" Google Analytics, the same Analytics that you use with your website. A lot of people don't realize that you can also use Google Analytics with YouTube, you just add your YouTube page as another "website" and then you can read it just like a web page.

The "Users by time of day" graph is probably what you want, it defaults to the last 7 days but you can set a custom time for any period you like. In your case, you'd set that custom time to the day you launched the video in question.

That might do the trick for you.
I thought I had figured out YT analytics, now I need to add google analytics to the mix.