Creating Lots Of Content - Is It Up To Snuff?

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, all. I run a gaming channel that focuses on Gaming News and Indie Reviews, as well as some Game Analysis, App Reviews, random playthroughs of games i'm reviewing, and a Podcast I am launching.

I was wondering if you guys could check out my content and let me know what you think of it/the way my channel is laid out? Thanks a ton.

Theale

Reaction score
Setup is really nice, all the thumbnails and art look really good, the only thing I would change is add music to Yesterday's Games Today, but other than that it looks great.

Reactions: Maxemole

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like it personally. Maybe if you move a cm back from the mic it will help reduce the 's' sounds, but really solid content and really nicely edited the couple of vids I checked out.

EliteTowerStudios

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Watched your video "GLITCHED: A 4th Wall Breaking RPG | Demo Gameplay - Part 2 | Maxemole" and here is what stood out to me.
  • No introdution of your self or the game you are playing
  • Audo quality is not very good
  • you do not read anything on screen (personal pet peave of lays plays where its all text)
  • Your comentary adds nothing to the game play, its not funny or insightful
  • Video is boring, nothing to keep people watching
  • Too long of a video mostly because of the lack of anything entertaining.
Hope these helped.

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Setup is really nice, all the thumbnails and art look really good, the only thing I would change is add music to Yesterday's Games Today, but other than that it looks great.
Thanks for your input! There actually is music. Maybe I need to make it louder?[DOUBLEPOST=1487780820,1487780772][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like it personally. Maybe if you move a cm back from the mic it will help reduce the 's' sounds, but really solid content and really nicely edited the couple of vids I checked out.
Thanks for the input. Yeah that's a good call. Sometimes I forget about popping words and such and that I need to stay a bit back.[DOUBLEPOST=1487781003][/DOUBLEPOST]
Watched your video "GLITCHED: A 4th Wall Breaking RPG | Demo Gameplay - Part 2 | Maxemole" and here is what stood out to me.
  • No introdution of your self or the game you are playing
  • Audo quality is not very good
  • you do not read anything on screen (personal pet peave of lays plays where its all text)
  • Your comentary adds nothing to the game play, its not funny or insightful
  • Video is boring, nothing to keep people watching
  • Too long of a video mostly because of the lack of anything entertaining.
Hope these helped.
Hey! Thanks for your input. Yeah Let's Plays are not my strong suit when it comes to content. I generally work with heavily edited content so this input is wonderful. A few points.

1. My intro was in the first part of the series. Since it's a short three part series I just recorded it all in one take. Do you think I should change that for future gameplays? I don't plan on ever doing large games - just short demos and stuff for games I am writing about.

2. By not reading do you mean I don't read it out loud? That's definitely something I could start doing.

3. As for the commentary, yeah it isn't the best that's just something I personally need to work on. Thanks for your thoughts!

EliteTowerStudios

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Thanks for your input! There actually is music. Maybe I need to make it louder?[DOUBLEPOST=1487780820,1487780772][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the input. Yeah that's a good call. Sometimes I forget about popping words and such and that I need to stay a bit back.[DOUBLEPOST=1487781003][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hey! Thanks for your input. Yeah Let's Plays are not my strong suit when it comes to content. I generally work with heavily edited content so this input is wonderful. A few points.

1. My intro was in the first part of the series. Since it's a short three part series I just recorded it all in one take. Do you think I should change that for future gameplays? I don't plan on ever doing large games - just short demos and stuff for games I am writing about.

2. By not reading do you mean I don't read it out loud? That's definitely something I could start doing.

3. As for the commentary, yeah it isn't the best that's just something I personally need to work on. Thanks for your thoughts!
All other lets players i have seen do an intro for every part of a series for people who maybe start somewhere in the middle of your series run.