Commentary Creating a Youtube Group Channel - Equal TV

Axiege

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
How did I answer it wrong my favourite colour is orange. And quality control is I will have the team leaders watch the video first to ensure that the video is up to standard. There wont be any videos where mics arent good or video quality isnt good but I will make exceptions if the content is good
I was being quite serious about the color question. I am afraid your response is a point against you in me deciding whether or not to join :)p). Acceptable responses include -but may not be limited to- red, blue, chartreuse, yellow, maroon, purple, or lime-green.

Back to being a productive contributor to this conversation; so the standards of quality are not quite set yet, and would be something to be decided on once the group has come together? Would there be determined an artist to provide matching outro schemes and thumbnails to tie the differing content together? How would the team leaders review each video (I may suggest having each member upload their content unlisted, and then team leaders would be responsible for listing the video and adding it to the appropriate playlist once the video has been approved)? Is there any long-term commitment you'd want members to make?

Cay

Ytalks Reviewer
Reaction score
I was being quite serious about the color question. I am afraid your response is a point against you in me deciding whether or not to join :)p). Acceptable responses include -but may not be limited to- red, blue, chartreuse, yellow, maroon, purple, or lime-green.

Back to being a productive contributor to this conversation; so the standards of quality are not quite set yet, and would be something to be decided on once the group has come together? Would there be determined an artist to provide matching outro schemes and thumbnails to tie the differing content together? How would the team leaders review each video (I may suggest having each member upload their content unlisted, and then team leaders would be responsible for listing the video and adding it to the appropriate playlist once the video has been approved)? Is there any long-term commitment you'd want members to make?
At the moment Ginger is asleep, While i can't answer questions for him, i can make some assumptions, By having team leaders i think he means the leader of each team is responsible for the content of that team that is uploaded, and the only people who have access to the channel would be himself and the team leaders. As for the long term commitment thing, I imagine that this channel will be long term as it takes along time to get anywhere on youtube, Either way i'm willing to do this for the long term

Axiege

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
At the moment Ginger is asleep, While i can't answer questions for him, i can make some assumptions, By having team leaders i think he means the leader of each team is responsible for the content of that team that is uploaded, and the only people who have access to the channel would be himself and the team leaders. As for the long term commitment thing, I imagine that this channel will be long term as it takes along time to get anywhere on youtube, Either way i'm willing to do this for the long term
So, the workflow of an average member would be: record -> edit -> send to leader (through ???) for approval, and then leaders wouldn't have that last step, but they would have to approve each and every video, and upload them all, then put in titles, and descriptions and tags, and then the promotional links for every different member for that video? It seems like that system would put a whole lot more work on the team leaders than is necessary...

Axiege

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Guys ive started something similar if not the same. The aim is to promote your channel.
have a look.

yttalk.com/threads/new-channel-featuring-you-worlwide-collab.64463/

I've had a great response plenty of room for more!
I don't think it's okay to promote other, potentially competing, threads like that :/

Ned

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It's an alternative thats all.

GingerCookie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
So, the workflow of an average member would be: record -> edit -> send to leader (through ???) for approval, and then leaders wouldn't have that last step, but they would have to approve each and every video, and upload them all, then put in titles, and descriptions and tags, and then the promotional links for every different member for that video? It seems like that system would put a whole lot more work on the team leaders than is necessary...
Ok so I have decided that your idea is a good one every member can upload on certain days depending on the schedule they will put it as either unlisted or private then the team leader will then change it to public once it has been correctly uploaded. The only issue with this is that every member will have access to the account unfortunately which means people could change the account as they wish and if they backed out they would know the password.

Axiege

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Ok so I have decided that your idea is a good one every member can upload on certain days depending on the schedule they will put it as either unlisted or private then the team leader will then change it to public once it has been correctly uploaded. The only issue with this is that every member will have access to the account unfortunately which means people could change the account as they wish and if they backed out they would know the password.
It would be great if YouTube had support for multiple people using the same channel, giving us things like permissions and different levels of control of the channel. It would be very useful here. As long as people aren't backing out too frequently, you could always change the password every time someone does. Then, you would just need to enforce the rules with a strike system or something to discourage members from uploading publicly immediately or violating some other rule.

Fishmahboi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am quite happy to be part of the Youtube Group Channel, chiefly because I like doing work with other people on this sort of thing.

Details
Youtube Name: fishthekiller500
Subscribers: 28
Content on your channel: Gaming
Team you wish to be in: Gaming
Skype Name: fishthekiller99

SamaJaffa

Just some E[PIC]nglish guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I would really like to be a part of this, it seems like a great idea! :D