Creating a White Background

Austin Me

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to filming and want to know how to create a white background. I have seen many videos talking about how to set a physical white background up, but I have literally no space where I will be filming, and even spending over $100 is something that would be very difficult for me to do...

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to simply film myself, then put me on a white background digitally. I would think there has to be some easy way to do this...but I have not found anything. Is it really not possible?

Thank you! :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to simply film myself, then put me on a white background digitally. I would think there has to be some easy way to do this...but I have not found anything. Is it really not possible?

To do it digitally, you would need to use a "green screen". In post-production, you'd change the green screen to white (or whatever you wanted) digitally. More about green screens here - https://www.techsmith.com/blog/how-to-create-a-diy-green-scre/

But I'm thinking that if you're going to be physically installing a green screen, you might as well just physically install a "white screen" and then you don't even need to do the digital post-production editing stuff. :)

HelloErica

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
to edit in a background , i recommend a green screen , because then you can edit any picture you want in the background. you dont have to spend 100 pounds. On amazon , like the one listed below if you buy that , then stick it on the wall behind you , you will be able to edit in any background digital , to do this it is very easy and you can find tutorials on youtube. you can find green screens for like £15 on amazon and even £10 on wish.com

Amazon Green Screen (Click On Me) £15