creating a banner, what do you guys use?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I am trying to find something free or even cheap.....Maybe something no more than $50
that I can make a good banner and thumbnails with. I use Canva, but its not suiting for how I want my thumbnail to look.

I am looking for something where I can remove background image, highlight the image, and more or less custom type things. SOmething that is easy to use.

My main thing is highlighting words,images, and background stuff.

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A lot of sites recommend using GIMP. It's free and is sort of similar to Photoshop, so it might teach you the basics of editing as well. As for the learning curve, you need to spend a couple hours with it but it's definitely worth it because you can make really good looking content. Hope this helps.

JSRG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I use Photoshop CS7. You can get ALL of Adobe's CS3 products for free though, if a bit outdated. Photoshop CS3 is fine for basic thumbnail making though.

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I use Inkscape. It's a free vector-based program with lots of possibilities.
As it's vector-based, all processing is totally lossless. You can zoom in by 10,000% without any jagged edges and editing is basically nondestructive.
It's great for schematic artwork like banners and thumbnails. Many of my latest thumbnails are done with Inkscape. I'll soon redo my channel banner with it, too.

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
Photoshop ... at least I will when I get around to making my banner LOL