created a video about being attacked at work NOW COMPANY IS TAKING IT TO SOCIAL SERVICES. HELP!

Eve Hemingway

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so, I created a video about being attacked at work and the company, after the attack FIRED me for it saying I wasn't fit enough for the job. I talk a lot about how to management could of prevented this and how previous people in this work had been attacked before and nothing had been done to protect the safety of the staff. I don't mention any names in my video and I even state that in the video that I wanted to protect the privacy of the company by doing that.

Here's the video so it's more clear:

So anyway, I posted this on my facebook and a few people that worked in that company before also shared it. One guy in particular had shared it and said "something to learn from this..." and tagged loads of people in it that work there as well. On his facebook it says he has previously worked for this company (but still, doesnt mention in this post that it is about this company). Anyway he rang me and said that the manager had told everyone that is tagged in the video to remove the tag or they will be FIRED for it. And that they are taking my video to social services to report it.

Am I in the wrong here? What shall I do?

In all, the reason I made this video is so it raised the awareness of being attacked at work and companies not doing anything about it because at the time, a lot was mentioned in the news about this and how it is way more common than people think. Although it is a negative video, telling the story of what happened, I hoped for a positive outcome so that this wouldn't happen to other people.

Let me know what you think about the video and whether I could get in some serious trouble for it.

Thank you x

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
No one can give you proper legal advice in a forum. We are not privy to employment law where you live and the terms of your employment.

However, generically, if anyone is critical of the management of a company that they work at in a public (or even private) social media platform, then, yes, you probably should expect to be disciplined or fired. ... the process will depend on the terms of employment.

This is something you should probably have cleared with your employer before doing it

Many employers have a social media policy ... what did that say?

I don't question your motives for doing it.

Eve Hemingway

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No one can give you proper legal advice in a forum. We are not privy to employment law where you live and the terms of your employment.

However, generically, if anyone is critical of the management of a company that they work at in a public (or even private) social media platform, then, yes, you probably should expect to be disciplined or fired. ... the process will depend on the terms of employment.

This is something you should probably have cleared with your employer before doing it

Many employers have a social media policy ... what did that say?

I don't question your motives for doing it.
Hello,

I was already fired by the company for this incident so they had actually unlawfully fired me which I mention in the video as well. I wasn't part of the company anymore so surely this means that I do not need to abide by the contact. I also did not mention anyone's name so I feel I havent violated this.

I wasnt looking for legal advice, but thank you for your comment anyway!

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
this is something only a lawyer can help, there might be laws in your country where this kind of action is not acceptable.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wish the best for you friend, I hope everything goes okay. I can hardly imagine what it must be like to be fired and taken to court for something so minor.