Create multiple channels until one takes off?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I have seen some people create different, but almost the same channels.. like I have seen Onyx Kids have several channels that seem the same but this one for what ever reason has taken off.. ( Well the others have seem to be getting more traffic now because of this one i assume ;)) I have seen a few others do this.. is this something people try that works? Should I create like 5 channels and do the same things but see if one takes off? Thoughts?

Thanks! Mommy B

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sometimes this can be caused the the channel name itself. for example, if you started a gaming channel and had "gaming" in the channel name somewhere. Your more likely to get views because youtube sees that you have "gaming" in your name. Where as my channel "DougieBoy" doesn't have "gaming" in it at all, so it'll take me longer to get noticed.

Another example would be. Your current channel has "toy review" in the name, so make sure your title has "toy review" in it, and make sure you have "toy review" in your tags and in your description.

Sorry I couldn't of been more help. I've never heard of anyone making almost identical channels with different names.

QuickTop 10's/5's

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A lot of people think you should just stick with one channel and put everything on that channel which makes sense but sometimes you just want a fresh start but I would not really recommend trying to have like 5 channels going at once unless you can handle it

Kyle Laughlin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a big believer in a single channel. But then again look at me haha, like all good things in life - they take time. YouTube definitely falls into that category.

Night_Terrors

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Genius idea, if you have the time and energy to upload at least weekly videos to several different channels. It's an old advertising trick known as a "split run".

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea, I really don't want to many channels, but just thinking maybe these people were smart in what they did, since one of their channels took off. There is a channel called toy monster and they have another channel webs & tiaras, all they do is compile that same videos on that channel and they are now one of the top kids channels.. just by uploading the same videos! Not that I really want to do that, but just thinking of different ways to get a channel to take off. I have used google ad words on our super hero channel, but that doesn't seem to be helping it take off. We have worked hard on our channel but views keep dropping.

Maybe I will try creating a few channels and uploading the same content, just to see what happens. If that against YouTube though? Uploaded the same video to multiple channels?