create more than one channel

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Use other email is ok.

"And you speak of safety? You only need to worry about safety if you are breaking the YouTube rules. And no one should ever break the YouTube rules."
This month (Dec 2016) There are a lot of new channel are terminated without reason.
Once your channel is terminated, linked channel in that email have percent to terminated follow first one.
In 2015. that happen to me, my channel don't vilolate google rule but they banned it and thay do that with my sub channel in that email. That reason why I never create multi sub channel in a email. Just my experience
YouTube rarely terminates a channel "without reason", though glitches have occurred which YouTube itself corrected after being notified of the bug's existence. And if there is truly no reason for a termination, an appeal of the wrongful termination is usually successful. Also if you have a channel or account terminated, you are forbidden to create or even access another existing channel by YouTube's own Rules. So if you created another channel account, or are accessing an existing channel after having one banned, you are breaking the rules right there.

From the Google Support page on Channel Terminations...

"Users whose accounts have been terminated are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts. When an account is terminated, the account owner will receive an email detailing the reason for the suspension."

Last edited:

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What if you aren't using Gmail?
And you speak of safety? You only need to worry about safety if you are breaking the YouTube rules. And no one should ever break the YouTube rules.
Have you ever read the ToS of Youtube?

Some parts of it are so generic that they could practically find a reason to ban any single channel on their website if they wanted to. And this is normal and common practice when it comes to huge corporations.

It just amazes me when people go lengths to white-knight this kind of behaviour, as in the end it hurts them too in the long run.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Have you ever read the ToS of Youtube?

Some parts of it are so generic that they could practically find a reason to ban any single channel on their website if they wanted to. And this is normal and common practice when it comes to huge corporations.

It just amazes me when people go lengths to white-knight this kind of behaviour, as in the end it hurts them too in the long run.
I have read the ToS of YouTube. I tend to go back and re-read it in its entirety every 90 days or so to check for changes. If you could quote the parts which are as you stated, "so generic that they could practically find a reason to ban any single channel on their website if they wanted to" I'd be deeply appreciative. There are YouTube official channels also which do their best to explain the ToS in layman's terms.

There is a huge difference between "white-knighting" as you call it, and accepting that a corporation, not being a public, but a private concern, has the right to set its own rules and do as it will. If you didn't like, or weren't prepared to accept the ToS, you had the option not to set up a channel on YouTube.

The fact that you have set up a channel, now binds you to follow that ToS, or lose your channel when caught disobeying the rules, just like any other member of the site.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
...just like any other member of the site.
This makes all your previous reasoning collapse on itself, as there are lots of cases of YT treating differently users on the base of their popularity.

I.E. Ray William Johnson got his channel banned at the height of popularity of his Equals 3 show because of too many copyright strikes (since he was republishing clip of other users, go figure how many claims he would receive on a monthly basis - and the limit as we all know is set to 3 to get your channel terminated for good)

Guess what happened? Not even 24 hours later the channel was reinstated.

Now, what do you think would have happened to another creator with let's say 10k subscribers and not 10 millions? Obviously he could've kissed goodbye his channel for good.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you when you say that one should be informed on the latest change in the ToS and be familiar with the general guidelines, but in one of the previous post your wording seemed to imply that Youtube is completely fair and treats his users equally as long as they follow the ToS, which in my opinion is far from the truth.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My personal opinion - and what I actually do - is create separate accounts for each channel. I have several youtube channels and none are interconnected. My most popular has almost 200,000 subscribers and about 120-million views. My least popular has only a few thousand subscribers and maybe 1.5 million views.
Any one of these channels could be banned for various reasons and I don't want it to effect the others.

YouTube TOS is not black and white. It's open to interpretation. So much so I've had to use a lawyer to in the past make my point with YouTube.

Just my $.02 as a partner since 2008.

Reactions: Scapestrato

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My personal opinion - and what I actually do - is create separate accounts for each channel. I have several youtube channels and none are interconnected. My most popular has almost 200,000 subscribers and about 120-million views. My least popular has only a few thousand subscribers and maybe 1.5 million views.
Any one of these channels could be banned for various reasons and I don't want it to effect the others.
This is kinda similar to the approach I have for my channels.

Do you go to the extra-mile of using different IP addresses for each one of your accounts?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is kinda similar to the approach I have for my channels.

Do you go to the extra-mile of using different IP addresses for each one of your accounts?

I don't go that far. My channels are all completely different in their content. If my channels were similar (meaning they could also similarly violate TOS) then I would definitely use different IP addresses.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This makes all your previous reasoning collapse on itself, as there are lots of cases of YT treating differently users on the base of their popularity.

I.E. Ray William Johnson got his channel banned at the height of popularity of his Equals 3 show because of too many copyright strikes (since he was republishing clip of other users, go figure how many claims he would receive on a monthly basis - and the limit as we all know is set to 3 to get your channel terminated for good)

Guess what happened? Not even 24 hours later the channel was reinstated.

Now, what do you think would have happened to another creator with let's say 10k subscribers and not 10 millions? Obviously he could've kissed goodbye his channel for good.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you when you say that one should be informed on the latest change in the ToS and be familiar with the general guidelines, but in one of the previous post your wording seemed to imply that Youtube is completely fair and treats his users equally as long as they follow the ToS, which in my opinion is far from the truth.
I never said YouTube was totally fair; which means you yourself are placing an interpretive spin on my words.

What I do know is that though I go back to the time that one had to have a separate account for each channel, I am also intelligent enough to know that YouTube's algorithms are evolving daily. And as the Guidelines for Terminated Channels say that one isn't allowed to even access a further channel once one is banned, if such a misfortune should happen to me, and I could not successfully appeal that, I would obey that stricture, and abandon YouTube entirely except as a never logged in viewer.

You and other respondents to this thread on the other hand, are fully prepared once banned, to compound the infraction by further breakage of the rules (continuing to access and post to channels on other accounts you own). What do you do then, when the algorithm finally evolves enough to find every channel account you own over and above the banned one, and delete them as well?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You and other respondents to this thread on the other hand, are fully prepared once banned, to compound the infraction by further breakage of the rules (continuing to access and post to channels on other accounts you own). ...
Unapologetically, that pretty sums my position up. I've had channels banned in the past. It never effected my other channels. I can "what if" it to death. What if YouTube goes out of business? Well, I'd lose over $12,000 a month. There wouldn't be anything I could about it. But, there is something I can do to prevent a domino effect should one of my channels be shut down.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

YouTube TOS is not black and white. It's open to interpretation. So much so I've had to use a lawyer to in the past make my point with YouTube.

Just my $.02 as a partner since 2008.

Google are pretty smart. Google knows all those channels are owned by you.

Having different Google accounts and emails won't cover your tracks. For a start, you'll have the same IP address and even with different IP addresses, you have the same MAC address (the fingerprint of some of your PC's hardware) And even if all that was different, I'm guessing you monetize your videos? So you'll have an adsense account and it'll be the same adsense account across all channels which contains your unique full name, address and bank account details.