CPM Drop

Major ad companies take a few weeks off in Jan. Ad budgets are expended for year. The staff need time to recover from the Chrissy crazieness. Marketing plans need to be done for '17.

Jan is the worst month for revenue rates.
Dec is the best for revenue rates.
Apr-Jun are the 2nd best months leading into US summer and major movie releases.

There should be better income leading into V day, Easter. Other school vacations also get more kids watching and ad agencies would target that.

Last edited:
Major ad companies take a few weeks off in Jan. Ad budgets are expended for year. The staff need time to recover from the Chrissy crazieness. Marketing olans need to be dine for '17.

Apr-Jun are the 2nd best months leading into US summer and major movie releases.

There should be better income leading into V day, Easter. Other school vacations also get more kids watching and ad agencies would target that.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. If the first part of January is the worst part the year, that makes me feel better. That means that I have made some real tangible progress in my first 6 months. I am still trying to figure things out a how to reach my target audience.

Major ad companies take a few weeks off in Jan. Ad budgets are expended for year. The staff need time to recover from the Chrissy crazieness. Marketing olans need to be dine for '17.

Thanks for the info! will keep that in mind!

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. If the first part of January is the worst part the year, that makes me feel better. That means that I have made some real tangible progress in my first 6 months. I am still trying to figure things out a how to reach my target audience.

Had a quick look at your home page. You need to align your home page better with your banner, thumbnails and topics. By the name I expected some jungle exploration videos, perhaps survival tips, perhaps equipment review/usage as it relates to jungles and bush basing. I didn't get that feel from the home page. Look to have a singular focus and branding. Good luck in '17.

Had a quick look at your home page. You need to align your home page better with your banner, thumbnails and topics. By the name I expected some jungle exploration videos, perhaps survival tips, perhaps equipment review/usage as it relates to jungles and bush basing. I didn't get that feel from the home page. Look to have a singular focus and branding. Good luck in '17.
could you possivly give me some feedback!

Major ad companies take a few weeks off in Jan. Ad budgets are expended for year. The staff need time to recover from the Chrissy crazieness. Marketing plans need to be done for '17.

thanks for that! makes so much sense.

could you possivly give me some feedback!
No probs... here goes... first thing is I' not really sure what the channel is about looking at the home page. There's no consistency to thumbnails, graphics nor colors. The most important thing to getting clicks is the thumbnail. Your banner is nice, can you work that color scheme into thumbnails?

For craft, just had a geezer at your last video - can you bring the camera up to eye level and balance colors better, get a "whitish" background, or arrange a table with some lamp, flowers, behind you to make it seem cozy.

You also need all the bells and whistle to build brand identity and encourage click-through traffic: Intro, Outro with End Screens, cards, playlists, etc, etc. Descriptions - go for two solid paragraphs keyword rich.

Good luck!

Anyone elses CPC/RPM drop through the floor?
As of 1st Jan these have dropped by 50%!

No haven't noticed anything. I've been out sick since Christmas but i don't think I would've noticed the difference since I'm not big enough to actually "make" anything.

Thanks a million. I was actually thinks of starting a thread about this very subject. I did not start the account to make money or make videos. JungleExplorer is just who I am based on 20 years experience of exploring jungles. I created a jungleexplorer Gmail account back when Google first started Gmail and it became a youtube account when Google bought youtube.

Anyway, I just started actively make videos for the purpose of promoting my channel. It is my hope to make enough money at some point to actually travel to jungles and makes jungle survival videos. Until then, I thought I would make DIY videos and other videos of that sort to build my channel and subscriber base until I get to the point that I can afford to travel and make jungle videos.

But, I have been pondering of late the conflict of the Jungle Explorer name and the lack of anything Jungle related in my channels content. I have wondered if there is actually any connection between a name and a channels content. I have seen successful channels where the name was just a code of numbers, like "videoGuy89576".

The fact that you had an expectation about my channel based on the Jungle Explorer name and was disappointed when my channel did not meet that expectation, speaks volumes to me and I wonder how many other people feel this way.

What are your thoughts on this and how should I proceed to better achieve my goals? Thanks.

Back