Could i get sued for using a populars brand logo for my branding on youtube?

Dem

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
the title explains it all, i'm using a logo of a school in britain for my profile picture and banner on youtube, can i get sued for this?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I don't think you could get sued unless you are making a lot of money on Youtube and they possibly discover you somehow. Although I would never recommend using the same branding from another company unless it sticks to thumbnails only and the video has the content from said company/product and is within "fair use."

If you need help with branding/logos/etc.. might I recommend posting a request or replying to a service in the forums? =]
Hope that helps.

Reactions: TimberwolfMKIII

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why would you use somebody else's branding? Who is it going to benefit? The girl from "cash me ousside" wanted to launch her own merch by using a logo similar to Champion's and they were threatening on suing her.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I agree, you are unlikely to get sued unless you start to make a serious amount of money. The school may however email you to ask you to remove their logo, in which case it would be advisable to comply.

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd never recommend that.
That extra headache, you know. :x
I couldn't make stuff and then worry about all these aspects (and what if...)

Or if you really want to do so - maybe consider writing to the school specifically, asking them for the permission to use these (?)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

Minikinart

Reaction score
Not sure if your could get sued or not, it would be best to ask for permission. What is your channel about? If you're a student in that school or a teacher providing content for your students that would be okay, but if you make videos about something totally not related then why use their logo? It's always best to make your own logo so that people can easily recognize you from it and not confuse you with something/someone else.

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
SHORT ANSWER - O YEAH ! And you wont be the first one to get sued.