Could I get some feedback on my (non gaming) channel!?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My channel is kind of weird, and I don't really know how to fix it LOL
How do you feel about my quality, and my channel art?
How do you think I can improve these things, and what kind of videos do you think would suit my channel?
Or any other feedback

Thank you in advance!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I'll give some feedback. Yea I can say it's all great and good but I don't think that's very helpful. But here's some points I can give that I think you can improve on.

Layout. You have playlist, fine. But if you lay them horizontally with the first 3-4 videos showing and clickable, it might encourage people to click on one of them. If you have 10-12 different vids available instead of 3 playlists, that might help.

Thumbnails. Drop the bleeding horror font and have something sharper that's easy to read on the smallest screen. Try taking an iPhone 4 and seeing what's readable. I had this problem too, but have a friend test read everything on the smallest device and see if she can actually read it all. Doing it yourself you can be a little biased because you made it, you know what it says and your brain has already clicked with what it's supposed to be, fresh eyes have not. Don't have much action going on in the bottom right corner as the video runtime will cover it up.

I'm checking your channel on an iPad and the trailer doesn't automatically play but shows the thumbnail. It only shows the middle third. So any text on the top or bottom third get cut off as well. You do use a stroke of an opposite color to make text stand out, so that's very good.

Descriptions. The videos themselves are fine, you get to the point and it's good but there's no way they'll ever be searched because the title and description is way too short. For example "DIY felt phonecase" only gives google 3 words to find that video. A longer title like "How to make an awesome do it yourself / DIY felt fabric case for your iPhone, or android phone" would have a better chance as it has many words that are searched often. The description of the video also does not have the word "DIY" !! But having the same word in title and description will help boost it in the search engine. It's not. Only YouTube , but google that also can be used for finding videos and so every bit helps.

I can't see your tags but I can imagine they are your name, diy, fabric and phone case, which won't work. Long strings like "diy fabric cases for iPhone" "do it yourself iPhone case" will work better as that's likely what people will type if they are looking for this. Typing diy only into YouTube or google will get too varied of results that they aren't helpful.

Fill up 490-500 characters with tags, 90-100 in the title and 4500-5000 in the descriptions. The links you have and the layout are fine though, just give it more!

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You sold me on Zelda...... I actually like your channel. The only thing is your thumbnails. I like their style, don't get me wrong... But they could be a little more polished. Other then that.... I subbed.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'll give some feedback.

Thank you for all the feedback! That.s super helpful, i appreciate your honesty.
I have been meaning to find a better fitting font for a while now, but I guess I've just been too lazy to do it (shame on me) so I'll get to that right away.
I didn't realise about the same words in the title + description thing, i'll keep that in mind![DOUBLEPOST=1498497525,1498496973][/DOUBLEPOST]
You sold me on Zelda...... I actually like your channel. The only thing is your thumbnails. I like their style, don't get me wrong... But they could be a little more polished. Other then that.... I subbed.
Thank you! Polished how? I want to look POLISHED!

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a look through your thumbnails.

If you look at the top row verse the bottom row, the bottom row is aesthetically pleasing. I think it's because you do things like use complementing colours. Most thumbnails that stand out have a pinkish tone with pink, green and blue in the writing. I feel these are the ones that work better. The top row looks a little rushed compared to the bottom.

BbyJess

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I love your choosing of thumbnails and I feel you do deserve more views for your vlog videos! Your camera quality, header, and everything is really good. I agree with people up there about the bottom vs. top thumbnails, but it can be easily improved. Your editing is well done, overall, good job x

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I had a look through your thumbnails.
Most thumbnails that stand out have a pinkish tone with pink, green and blue in the writing. I feel these are the ones that work better. The top row looks a little rushed compared to the bottom.
Ahh! I see what you mean, I have been updating a few of my thumbnails with the new text I chose ;) I did update the 'I love anime' thumbnail, I don't know if it looks any better now, but! Thank you for the advice, I think you're right! I'll stick to those in the future![DOUBLEPOST=1498511951,1498511910][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love your choosing of thumbnails and I feel you do deserve more views for your vlog videos! Your camera quality, header, and everything is really good. I agree with people up there about the bottom vs. top thumbnails, but it can be easily improved. Your editing is well done, overall, good job x
Thank you so much!
❤

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Sorry I didn't mention it before but the same words in title description and tags is called triple linking and it's what you want to have when people are searching

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
For the last 5 videos, you can add a light pink (5% Opacity) layer on top of those thumbnails to make it less sharp and match your "Sumikko Gurashi Re-ment unboxing!" and "GASHAPON UNBOXING!" videos more but other than that I think everything is good :)